School Library Media Specialist Resume Objective
School Library Media Specialists work with students to help develop their literacy, critical thinking, and social skills as they teach students learn how to access, assess, and use information and technology in order to create life-long learners. Your objective statement should be clear, confident, and concise in order to convey that you are the best candidate for this position.
What the School Library Media Specialist Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
School Library Media Specialists can be important portals to information for their students. These individuals must perform a variety of tasks, such as teacher, information specialist, co-teacher, and program administrator. School Library Media Specialists need to be able to help their school get resources and then be able to instruct others on how to use these resources. School Library Media Specialists must be comfortable working with kids and teenagers, and they must have excellent communication skills in order to relate their knowledge with students and teachers. As you write your resume for this position, you should highlight your organizational, technological, and communication skills, as these are all necessary for this position.
Sample School Library Media Specialist Resume Objectives
When writing your objective for this position, mention the name of the school in your statement. This shows that you have a sincere desire in joining their academic staff. Below are a few sample objective statements that you can tailor to fit your own experiences as you write your resume:
1. Educated, hard working, and friendly School Library Media Specialist seeks employment with ABC school in order to utilize excellent communication, literacy, and critical thinking skills.
2. Individual with 5+ years experience in a public library seeks School Library Media Specialist position with ABC school that can benefit from professional demeanor, technology and media skills, and friendly personality.
3. Searching for a School Library Media Specialist position with ABC school that values creativity, community involvement, and resourcefulness.
4. Seeking employment as a School Library Media Specialist in order to utilize strengths in organization, literacy, and technology.
5. Individual with extensive technical and media knowledge seeks employment as a School Library Media Specialist that will allow for career advancement, cross-curricular activities, and further development of research skills.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Offers successful career history comprising more than 40 years as
1) an Office Manager and Reliable Administrative Assistant with experience managing front desk operations and offering g...
Experience: 36 yrs 5 mo
Energetic elementary teacher driven to continue to learn and grow professionally. Understands and implements new technologies and teaching strategies. Excellent at working with different learning s...
Experience: 8 yrs 7 mo
Dynamic Library Media Specialist with demonstrated capabilities in teaching research and information literacy skills. Recognized as a creative team player with strong interpersonal, organizational ...
Experience: 15 yrs 10 mo
My name is Donna Milton and I am a retired teacher (2nd and 3rd grades) and several years as a high school librarian, and, trust me, a high school librarian prepares you for all sorts of writing. I...
Experience: 0 yrs
Enthusiastic liberal arts professional, decisive leader, and calm multi-tasker with background as Media Specialist. Driven to educate others and promote technology use in library settings. Accurate...
Experience: 17 yrs 4 mo