Sample Yoga Instructor Resume Objective
Yoga Instructors lead students through series of challenging positions and exercises, requiring knowledge of anatomy, breathing techniques, injury prevention and theory. Use your objective statement to emphasize your expertise to hiring managers. This is the first part of your resume that a prospective employer will see, so it is important to utilize this space effectively.
What The Yoga Instructor Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
In addition to maintaining a personal practice, successful Yoga Instructors demonstrate extensive knowledge of the history of yoga, modifications for poses, innovative sequencing, clear verbal instructions and leadership abilities. Many students rely on the expertise of teachers to learn proper alignment and build a safe practice, making it essential for instructors to have effective communication and leadership skills. Your resume should highlight your teaching experiences, as well as personal skills and qualities that set you apart as a teacher. Emphasize public speaking abilities, creativity and knowledge of modifications for safe practice.
Sample Yoga Instructor Resume Objectives
Naming the studio or company in your objective shows your interest to the hiring manager. Your objective statement should succinctly summarize skills and experiences that make you the best-qualified candidate for the position. Here are a few examples:
1. Confident, proactive individual seeks Yoga Instructor position with ABC company to utilize extensive knowledge of modifications, adjustments, breathing and alignment to safely guide students and support growth of client base.
2. Seeking position as Yoga Instructor within ABC company that enables use of knowledge in adjustments, chakras, Iyengar sequencing and beginner modifications to deliver positive yoga experience to students.
3. Innovative and energetic Yoga Instructor with 7+ years experience in Ashtanga primary instruction, prenatal yoga and beginner modifications seeks position with ABC company.
4. Obtain position as Yoga Instructor with ABC company to utilize and expand existing knowledge of chakras, bhandas, Hatha principles and anatomy for mutual growth and success.
5. Seeking position as Senior Yoga Instructor with ABC company that uses exceptional knowledge of anatomy, adjustments and yoga philosophy to grow client base and support organizational goals.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.