Assistant Video Editors help editors and directors make their jobs run smoothly. If you wish to become an Assistant Video Editor, then focus on writing a good, clear resume objective statement. Since this statement is usually the first thing on your resume, it should persuade employers to read on and give them a lasting impression. Remember to highlight your specific skills and talents and mention your relative experience and career goals.
What the Assistant Video Editor Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
An Assistant Video Editor will provide their assistance in the editing room. They must have a good knowledge of editing technology, equipment and software and must have the skills to communicate effectively with other people on the filmmaking staff like the sound department and camera operator. Assistant editors allow the editor to work smoothly and uninterrupted. If the assistant editor and the editor work closely together, the assistant may critique their work. Assistant editors should have experience and skills in using Photoshop and other effects software for both Mac and PC. They are also expected to have good communication and visual skills as well.
Sample Assistant Video Editor Resume Objectives
Be sure to highlight experience and skills like the ones mentioned above. Also, include the name of the company you are applying for in the objective statement to show employers your interest in working for them. Here are some example objectives:
1. A highly motivated individual with great attention to detail and communication skills looking to secure a position as an Assistant Video Editor with (company name).
2. Detail-oriented individual with five years of experience working with editing software seeking a position with (company name) as an Assistant Video Editor.
3. Obtain an Assistant Video Editor position with (company name) that will allow for the use of exceptional communication and editing skills as well as experience with editing software.
4. Seeking a position with (company name) as an Assistant Video Editor where an individual can utilize exceptional editing and communication skills.
5. An Individual with two years of experience with Photoshop and other editing software seeking a position as an Assistant Video Editor with (company name).
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.