Industrial Engineering Resume Examples
Our thorough, customizable industrial engineering resume examples help you land the job. Quality control assistants, senior managers and product owners alike benefit from our well-curated words and phrases.
Our Recommended Example
Popular Templates in the Industrial Engineering Space
Quality Control Engineer
Table of Contents
Industrial Engineering Resume
Industrial Engineering Cover Letter
Industrial Engineering CV
Create Your Industrial Engineering
Resume in 5 Simple Steps
Get Expert Writing Recommendations for Your Industrial Engineering Resume
Our industrial engineering resume examples are designed to be a blueprint for how to write a strong resume. When it’s time to build your own, use our Resume Builder, which offers pre-written content for every section of your resume. Our builder will suggest the keywords and phrases that hiring managers seek out when choosing which applicants to interview.
Consider these examples below which our builder might recommend for your industrial engineering resume:
- Complied with all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines while designing new production processes and methods
- Assured consistent quality of production by implementing and enforcing automated practice systems
- Facilitated the daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meeting; coached the team in agile practices
- Installed new vehicle systems and components in response to service orders, recall actions and manufacturer instructions
6 Dos and Don'ts for Writing a Industrial Engineering Resume
- Do describe past job responsibilities using metrics. Instead of simply noting that you checked for production flaws, for example, impart more specific and helpful information like so: identified production flaw in assembly line resulting in 13% reduction in operating costs.
- Do choose a resume format that flatters your experience (or lack thereof).If you’re new to the field, opt for a functional resume that emphasizes your skills. If you’re a seasoned veteran, select a chronological resume that highlights your extensive industrial engineering experience. And if you’re a mid-level industrial engineer, consider a combination resume format that mixes skills and job history in near-equal measure.
- Do include any certifications or licenses you hold. Industrial engineering is an ever-evolving field. If you’ve pursued relevant continuing education with organizations like the Project Management Institute or the American Society for Quality, include it on your resume.
- Don’t overload your professional summary. Think of it as an appetizer before a good meal. A summary like the following leaves recruiters wanting more: Innovative industrial engineer with 10 years experience troubleshooting energy management systems. Proven multitasker and mentor. Knowledgeable about emergent green technology.
- Don’t overlook the importance of soft skills.While hard skills like statistical process control or AutoCAD proficiency are essential to a successful industrial engineering resume, don’t forget to include soft skills as well. These abilities, such as problem solving and critical thinking, may be less industry-specific, but they’re no less valuable to hiring managers.
- Don’t forget to double-check your spelling and grammar. Avoid the mistake of submitting your first draft without taking time to proofread. More than many other careers, industrial engineers are trusted to pay extra close attention to detail, so make sure your resume is error-free.
Beat the ATS with These Industrial Engineering Resume Skills
Engineers solve problems through analysis and information gathering. Before you land the job, the first puzzle you will need to solve is how to successfully write a resume that applicant tracking systems (ATS) recognize as competitive. Senior managers routinely use an ATS to find well-qualified engineers without having to read hundreds of resumes.
To help you know the keywords that the ATS is looking for, include keywords suggested by our Resume Builder in your industrial engineering resume. Here are some examples:
- Industrial production
- Statistical process control
- AutoCAD proficient
- Machinery performance analysis
- Kanban inventory
- Lot tractability studies
- Quantitative analysis
Resume Success Stories
Statistics and Facts About Industrial Engineering Jobs
Median Pay for Industrial Engineering
|2019 Median Pay||$88020 per year||09K18K27K36K45K54K63K72K81K90K|
|2019 Median Pay||$42.32 per hour||020406080100|
Job Outlook for Industrial Engineering (2018)
|10-year Projection of Jobs Available (2018-2028)||8% faster than average|
|Employment Change, 2018-28||23800 (added to 284,600 roles in 2018)||06K12K18K24K30K|
Popular Job Titles in Industrial Engineering
- Supply chain engineer
- Production Engineer
- Manufacturing specialist
- Operations engineer
- Engineering manager
Most Common Type of Degree Held by Industrial Engineers (2017)
Diversity Statistics for Industrial Engineering (2018)
|Average Workforce Age||42.6 years||04.99.814.719.624.529.434.339.244.149|
|Two or more races||2.45%|
Gender Composition of Industrial Engineering Professions (2017)