Healthcare Resume Template for Microsoft Word
Step 1: Writing Your Summary Statement
Your summary statement should be brief, just three bullets or sentences long. It should include your professional title, your skills that pertain to the job, and your certifications or relevant education. Use the examples below and our healthcare resume template for Word to guide you in the creation of an informative summary statement.
Summary Statement Example 1:
• Healthcare social worker at Samaritan Hospital
• 13 years of experience providing patient counseling and arranging outpatient case management
• Advocate for patient in crisis resolution
• Board certified as clinical healthcare social worker
Summary Statement Example 2:
• Certified home health aide with 4 years of experience
• Provided basic care for homebound patients in Benton County
• Familiar with glucometers, patient lifters and other relevant technology
Summary Statement Example 3:
• Director of Nursing at Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center
• Introduced new software program for tracking patient records
• Maintained accuracy in administration of medications
Summary Statement Example 4:
Certified healthcare professional with 10 years of midwife experience. Organized licensing courses for volunteers/lay midwives. Proficiency in both English and Spanish. Caring individual with excellent organization and leadership skills.
Step 2: Writing Your Skills Section
• Separate skills and accomplishments from interests and then list a few of your top skills.
• You should only include information that is directly relevant to the job for which you are applying. Use keywords and phrases focused on your specific area of healthcare.
• It is okay to use sentence fragments in this section.
Choose some of the examples below if they are relevant as you fill out the healthcare resume template for Word.
• Use of logic and reasoning to create patient plans
• Weigh costs and benefits of various types of service
• Effective communication with patients and professional peers
• Coordination of services for discharged patients
• Interview clients to gather intake information
• Collaborate with peers to assess client treatment plans
• Counsel clients with substance abuse issues
• Transcribe information into electronic form
Let’s Get You Hired
Create a professional resume in minutes with Resume Builder.
Step 3: Writing Your Work History Section
• It’s usually best to begin with your most recent positions and achievements and move backwards.
• Stick to job positions and achievements in your recent past. Anything beyond the last 15 years is probably too old.
• Don’t list information such as contact information for supervisors, the number of hours you worked and your previous salaries.
• Be sure to list locations and dates of employment.
• Only use abbreviations that are very common.
Consider these examples of healthcare work history sections:
Healthcare Social Worker at Samaritan Albany General Hospital / Albany / 2000-2013
• Provided in-house patient counseling
• Coordinated resources for discharged patients
• Patient advocate during crises
• Board certified clinical social worker
Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) for Intermountain Home Health / Benton County / 2012-current
• Maintained records of patient care and progress
• Assisted with personal care and hygiene
• Negotiated reduced costs for bulk purchase of home health equipment
Director of Nursing at Providence Willamette Falls Medical Center / Oregon City / 2010 Ð 2016
• Supervised nurses providing medical attention
• Reviewed written and online documentation for accuracy
• Collaborated on creation of patient care plans
• Analyzed test results to make diagnoses and treatment plans
Step 4: Writing Your Education Section
• Include any degree programs or classes that you are currently attending and include your anticipated graduation date.
• Provide your certifications and licenses in this section, as well as ongoing professional development courses and trainings.
• Offer current professional memberships and affiliations, especially if you hold a leadership position.
Example of Education Section for Healthcare
City University of Seattle / Healthcare Administration MA / 2013
Washington State University / BSN / 2011
Membership in American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management / current
Microsoft Word Templates by Industry
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Transportation And Distribution
- Accounting And Finance
- Administrative Support
- Computers And Technology
- Food And Beverage
- Banking And Financial Services
- Beauty And Spa
- Community And Public Service
- Education And Training
- Law Enforcement And Security
- Manufacturing And Production
- Marketing, Advertising And Pr
- Skilled Trades
Microsoft Word Templates by Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Inside Sales Representative
- Sales Associate
- Outside Sales Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Business Analyst
- Account Executive
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Maintenance Technician
- Service Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Line Cook
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Representative