This set of IT resume templates can provide support for jobseekers across all aspects of the IT field, from coding and implementation to cybersecurity and app development. This format divides the resume profile into distinct, clear subheadings for education, certifications, core software competencies, and relevant past positions. Employers can easily scan the page and find the specific information they’re looking for, which simplifies the process for them and streamlines the job search for you. Use these templates to make sure your most important credentials take center stage. Don’t miss an opportunity to stand out in a field of highly qualified applicants.
Select a resume template and customize
Cyber Security Specialist
Without a good resume, even the most skilled IT candidate could struggle to connect with hiring managers. An IT resume template is a good way to see what to include, how to format sections and whether your best chances are with a functional, chronological or combination resume.
Resume Tips for It
Technical Support Specialist
Finding jobs in it requires that you invest in yourself. That means deploying tools such as your resourcefulness and networking skills. To help in your job search, follow a few tips.
1. Brainstorm a list of everyone you know. Do not filter yourself; simply set aside 30 minutes to jot down name after name, from your childhood teachers and babysitters to your spouse’s current or former colleagues. Make a goal to reach out to at least one person every week for networking.
2. Develop a contact database to track your job leads and applications. Include the dates you sent in resumes, contacted companies, heard back and went for interviews.
3. Devise a 30-second elevator pitch. Be able to tailor your message to a specific person, hook the person and explain why you would be an asset for the organization.
4. Bring copies of your job application materials, especially your resume, when you go on interviews. It is always best to be prepared when applying for jobs in it and beyond.
5. Turn off your phone before you go in for an interview. Nothing is more embarrassing and fatal to your chances of landing a job than a ring in the middle of a serious interview.
It Job Seeking Tips
For you to impress interviewers when you apply for jobs in it, your resume must sparkle. Here are a few tips to ensure you put your best foot forward.
1. Tailor your resume (and cover letter) to each position. Find relevant keywords from the job description, and deploy them as applicable in your resume. Include the skills that the description lists and that you possess.
2. Avoid including personal details such as your gender, age, race and religion. If you are sending a resume for jobs in it via postal mail, do not staple or fold the resume.
3. Make your resume friendly for electronic scanning. In other words, stay away from such formatting as parentheses and vertical lines, as they often do not scan well.
4. Use bullet points to showcase your accomplishments, and take advantage of numbers to highlight what you have done. For example, “Submitted 100% of projects at least one day early. ”
5. Be consistent. For example, list both your work experience and education starting with your current or most recent experiences, and work backward chronologically.