Resume Templates: Emphasis
Some of our customers have been hired by:
Emphasis 1 Template Job Seeking Tips
Emphasis 1 Design
As you search for jobs with a emphasis resume, you’ll learn that the quality of your resume will have a substantial impact on the value and number of interviews you get. With this in mind, take a look at some tips for preparing a resume that stands out:
- Keep your reader in mind as you prepare the resume. Choose words that are pertinent to the position for which you are applying. Keep things aligned and bulleted for easy reading. Try to avoid the use of personal pronouns, such as “I” and “me”.
- Create a “Summary of Qualifications” and position it in the top third of your resume. This quick and convenient glimpse of your skills and accomplishments gives employers a chance to quickly recognize potential.
- In each section of the resume, start with your most recent experiences. Employers often take just a few seconds to review documents before moving on to others. You want to be sure that the most pertinent information gets attention.
- Keep your resume focused and concise. Everything you add to the document should be chosen with an interview in mind. Choose strong verbs and cut out anything that isn’t necessary, such as second phone numbers and information about hobbies.
- Choose a resume design that isn’t just like everyone else’s. You might use a template as a guide, but if you don’t make changes to it, the document will end up looking like all of the others.
Users find our resume templates helpful