Proficient in data analysis of quality and clinical resources appropriate to the clinical setting including database management, coding compliance using coding or payment systems to ensure cost-effectiveness of services rendered.
Developing solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions. Knowledge acquiring, analyzing, and protecting digital and traditional medical information vital to providing quality
redaeLPerform System Upgrades in order to correct, maintain or enhance
• Review Claims and Medical Record documentation to validate
proper DRG's are being assigned for billing purposes
• Experience in Meditech System Dictionaries
• Maintain System Downloads and Transfer FTP
• Prepare and plan departmental communications
• Project Lfor Internet Access Staff Portal
• Project Manager for Implantable Devices for MU3
• Project Manager for Benefit Enrollment Desktop H.R
• Provide Support on Personal Desktop Computers
• Maintaining Updates for 3M and CCR values
• Run Month End reports for Corporate
• Create Templates for all Providers
• Train Physicians in the EMR and Dragon software
• Create access for end users in Active Directory & Meditech
• Open Service issues with Meditech and monitor for Troubleshooting
• Assist with Initial Loads within our data repository database for
• Modify NPR reports as needed
• Validate Updates by Testing in our TEST environment
• Running Debugger packets to trouble shoot any 3M issues
• Load New Grouper versions in to Meditech verify APR-DRG &
Medicare DRG groupers are correct with patient weight and ALOS
• Troubleshoot software & hardware failures install printers & configure computers, monitors & Switches
• Assist with Interface Building process within Summit Exchange
• Expertise in ICD-10/10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, SPGs, Severity of Illness
• Able to abstract information for ease of use
Accurately monitor and performed quality audits on scanned patient documents to ensure electronic medical records integrity.
• Accurately processes requested PHI as needed
• Accurately prep inpatient/outpatient medical records including assignments of correct document barcode identification code numbers.
• Acquire and complete all required legal documentation for the release of decedent remains.
• Create safe request heat tickets for physicians and or employee access with all necessary HIM applications
• Knowledge of TJC and or other facility regulatory activities including HIPPA national patient safety goals.
• Knowledgeable in monitoring technical issues Cerner profile and other HIM applications
• Manage EMPI –MPI duplicate medical record numbers
• Obtain and verify prep discharge medical records and ensure accuracy with chart labeling and patient information
• Perform MD completion suspension clearance process
• Retrieve chart subsequent delivery to units and or reviews audits and outside storage as appropriate
• Timely monitor MD message center audit report.
• Complete ER & SDS analysis within Cerner
Quality Assurance, Scanning in to Meditech
• Analyzing and inputting the Deficiencies in to Meditech.
• Check electronic signatures monitored and ensure that a complete chart is finalized and ready to be assigned to permanent storage thru Medi-tech
• Assist Physicians at our Main Facility as well as Our 2 Satellites with training on how to E-sign there incomplete records remotely thru our Citrix System we have two satellites named Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital & Valley Presbyterian Hospital.
• Ongoing chart review which is require by joint commission & Discharge Summary Review
• Monitor and ensure that order rejections in Meditech get processed. Audit our Interface Manager for Jobs that fail.
Verify messages why it failed and see if I can trouble shoot or open a Service issue with Meditech direct. Inspect that every report is in the E-chart since we are fully electronic.
• File Transcription Reports in to the patient chart for physicians with no EMR access. Monitor failed reports that may have not interfaced successfully in our transcription side thru our HL7. Ensured H&P's are being dictated within 24hrs & Monitor dictations that are doubt for reading and process them in a timely manner so they can interface over to our EMR.
• Notify Physicians Every Friday and send Letters to their offices reminding them of their Incomplete Medical Records
• Attended Boston for training In the Scanning/Archiving implementation for Medi-tech. After the Training I was awarded a certificate of training. So I'm very knowledgeable in the EHR process especially the scanning& archiving part and other applications within Meditech. I currently build are Forms Dictionary & I'm constantly working with our Programmers in Meditech to trouble shoot fail jobs and any other DTS that arise.
Scanned Batches and documents on to Document Imaging from Siemens.
• QA others scanning.
• Manually indexed non-bar-coded documents to the correct encounter and document type.
• Reviewed the electronic chart and identify image quality and indexing problems. Ensured there was quality validation done daily.
• Visually monitored the scanning machine as it was scanning documents. Acknowledged paper jams, rectified problems, calibrated camera, and restarted the scanning process at the proper location.
• Performed high speed scan documents on the bowe bell + howell/kodak cop scan 8000 spectrum
• QC/QA charts to see every document was scanned according to their barcode or note title and assisted ROI & Transcription in their scanning.
• Troubleshot system calibration and assisted IT to reinstall the SMPTE pattern and reference images also reviewed Quality Assurance reports on a needed basis.
• Orientated & instructed personnel and volunteers.
• Responsible for special projects for all outside departments and reporting agencies.
• Promoted a high standard of quality and track employee performance by maintaining quality assurance and productivity reports.
• Accepted responsibility and accountability for operations of assigned functional areas in the Directors absence
• Identified and implemented changes regarding policy, productivity and quality measures
• Assured that staff performance improvements related to work-flow efficiencies and operations
• In coordination with the Director of Health Information Management, recruited, interviewed
• Made recommendations to fill personnel vacancies
• In coordination with the Director of Health Information Management, evaluated staff.
• Evaluated and provided corrective action to staff as needed
• Responded to inquiries of staff, vendors and the public for the purpose of providing information and/or direction, discussing and resolving any issues and/or problems
• Prepared, Oversaw and approved work schedules
Able to translate complex data into understandable, interesting and simplified information for the general public. Take medical records produced by the health care provider and translate them into a code that identifies each diagnoses and procedure utilized in treating the patient. Completed my CAHIIM-accredited Baccalaureate degree in health informatics, and can take a national credential exam in health information administration as a certified Registered Health Information Administrator. (RHIA)
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: