I am a Registered Dental Assistant, with over 10 years of experience. I have a very strong organizational, interpersonal skills, and ability to determine appropriate course of action more complex situations. I'm capable to work in a busy environment with multi-tasking skills, team playing, prioritize scheduling of work; maintain a positive attitude and welcoming patient as a family. I have also experience with Orthodontic s and have provided the skills in assisting with Adults and Pediatrics procedures with braces before and aftercare. I completed my externship hours with an oral surgeon and worked as well after completing my RDA certification.
• Assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
• Taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays)
• Asking about the patient's medical history and taking blood pressure and pulse
• Serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment
• Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
• Providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling)
• Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;
(e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
• Taking impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth)
• Making adjustments on dentures, partials and flippers
• Performing office management tasks that often require the use of a personal computer
• Communicating with patients and suppliers (e.g., scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, billing and ordering supplies)
• Helping to provide direct patient care in all dental specialties, including orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics and oral surgery
• Prepare patients for the oral examination, including making them comfortable in the exam chair.
• Organize and maintain lab equipment
• Schedule appointments and follow up with patients.
• Properly take, develop, and mount all radiographs and x-rays, usually under the direction of the dentist.
• Prepare treatment rooms, instruments, and tray setups for dental procedures, including sterilization.
• Record medical and dental histories and the vital signs of patients.
• Provide aftercare, including drying patients' mouths and providing oral hygiene instructions.
• Take and pour models for doctor for orthognathic surgery or implant surgery
• Collected diagnostic, records as pictures, cephalometric, panoramic x-rays, 3-D scans and charted treatment progress for each patient.
• Made preliminary impressions for study cast and occlusal registration
• Face bow was also done for every new patient
• Commended for multitasking abilities; frequently assigned the more difficult procedures and challenging patients.
• Bonding Banding, Making clear Retainer, Belching Tray, Impression, Lab skills, ordering the Equipment, putting Head Gear, Face Mask.
• Front and Back Assistance
• Instructed patients in oral hygiene and plaque control.
• Established and maintained a clean and safe working per OSHA standards.
• Recorded findings, changed barriers, or sterilized equipment.
• Properly removed orthodontic bands, brackets, and cement.
• Analyzed and placed arch wires
• Prepared models for retainers
• Assisted Front desk with scheduling
• Provided patient health education to children and parents.
• Performed oral prophylaxis, fluoride treatments, sealants, and seated dental appliances.
• Acquired, developed, and interpreted Panoramic, Bite-wing, Periapical, and Occlusal radiographs.
• Placed and removed temporary restorations and periodontal dressings.
• Scheduled patient appointments and filed patient charts.
• Responsible for sterilization of instruments.
• Prepare patient for treatment, sterilize and disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, and assist oral surgeon during all dental procedures.
• Assist with many surgical procedures under local and general anesthesia (extraction of multiple teeth, biopsies, maxillary and mandibular tori, etc.)
• Assist in administering nitrous oxide, anesthesia and monitoring of vital signs under direct supervision of the OS.
• Obtain patient's medical history; monitor blood pressure, pulse ox, ekg.
• Monitor patients in recovery and assist in their discharge
• Provide postoperative instructions prescribed by OS.
• Organize and clean treatment rooms, manage inventory of supplies, and assist with maintenance of patient records.
• Taking digital X-Rays (PA, PANO)
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: