* Passionate: About the wild places on our earth and a deep respect for how unique and challenging experiences can empower individuals.
* Experienced: 20 years of experience working with a dynamic team of administrators, instructors, volunteers, educators and other licensed professionals to create a program dedicated to excellence, compassion and empowerment for individuals with special needs.
* Knowledgeable: Program Director skilled in providing strategic direction and ongoing leadership for the Swiftsure program. A lifetime of experience and learning from Idaho's rivers, forests, deserts and mountains. I have gained wisdom from exploring some of the most incredible places on this earth. I have invaluable insight from a career working with individuals with social, emotional, cognitive and physical challenges.
* Effective: As a manager, organizer, team leader and team player.
* Design empowering, compassionate and high quality programming that reaches over 100 individuals with physical, emotional, social and cognitive disabilities or challenges weekly.
* Provide ongoing leadership and direction for program operations, constant improvement of quality of programming and continued efficiency of operations.
* Work directly with the Blaine County School District Special Education Department to develop goal focused programming to 5 different special education classes reaching over 30 students with special needs.
* Manage instructor teams of 5 to 8 certified riding instructors to effectively deliver high quality programming to clients.
* Develop unique programs for specialty groups including BSU's leadership and higher education programs, Veteran groups, Camp Rainbow Gold, Idaho School for the Deaf and Blind and supportive work study programs for teens.
* Develop specialized continuing education opportunities for instructors, staff and volunteers to be a skillful, informed and knowledgeable team.
* Interviewed, hired and trained new therapeutic riding instructors to be part of a unique, highly trained and dynamic team.
* Develop mentor programs and personally mentored and trained over 10 individuals to successfully obtain their Therapeutic Riding Instructor licensure.
* Develop training programs for over 60 new volunteers annually.
* Applied leadership, problem solving and depth of knowledge to support 7 instructors to deliver innovative and unique programming to individuals with special needs.
* Developed and implemented innovative lesson plans that supported each individual to reach their highest potential.
* Worked directly with the Executive Director and Program Director to develop innovative ideas for new programming, lesson planning and camp organization.
* Strategized with the other instructors to create a highly educated, skilled and compassionate instructor team.
* Developed and implemented clinics and trainings for skill development to instructors on teaching methodology, best practices for teaching individuals with disabilities, challenges and mental health challenges.
* Ensured each lesson was of high quality, goal focused and delivered in a way that supported each individuals specialized needs.
* Managed up to 6 lessons a day teaching individuals with physical, social, emotional or social disabilities and challenges by creating individualized programs to support the clients special needs and reach their full potential.
* Managed a team of volunteers to support the lessons in a safe, effective, compassionate and empowering way.
* Inspired team collaboration between students, equines and volunteers.
* Created continuing education opportunities for lesson volunteers to promote collaboration, safety and effectiveness.
* Developed, implemented and taught individualized lesson plans for up to 8 lessons daily to individuals with social, emotional, physical and cognitive disabilities and challenges.
* Participated in development opportunities to enhance personal skills as a therapeutic riding instructor and educator.
* Supported 7 dynamic instructors and worked directly with the management team to develop new programming, create new innovative teaching techniques and specialize each clients lesson plan to support their needs.
Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor through NARAH in 2001.
Certified Advanced Therapeutic Riding Instructor through PATHIntl in 2009.
Certified Mentor through PATHIntl in 2010.
Mental Health and Learning certification through PATHIntl. in
Numerous continuing education training opportunities during my career. In the last two years I have received certifications in Mental health First Aid, Community Resiliency Model, CPR and First Aid and Safe Sport. In the last two years I have attended many conferences and workshops covering such topics as integrative teaching techniques, the four different teaching styles, how to work with children and adults who have Autism spectrum disorder, Asperger's syndrome, ADD, ADHD, bipolar disorders, mental health concerns, dementia, learning disorders, cognitive delay and many others.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: