Adept Parent Liaison with Social Work background offering 5+ years of experience counseling students on mental health, academics and interpersonal conflicts. Driven to help students achieve success by providing guidance on career options, higher education choices and life planning. Attentive in identifying early warning signs of harmful behavior in students to provide preventive counseling. Consistent in meeting the established goals of the counseling program. Passionate about building trust and rapport with at-risk youth through non-judgmental approach, patient demeanor and compassionate interpersonal skills. Skillful in needs evaluation, treatment planning and facilitating group or individual counseling sessions.
Calloway Careers, Atlanta Ga Jan 2017 - Present
● Assist high school students with college prep.
● Provide resources such as interview tips, resume writing, cover letters, college tours to students in the program
● Host college prep events for students in the neighborhood to have assistance in applying for college.
Lutheran Services Refugee Afterschool Program, Clarkston, GA August 2013 - May 2014
● Provide feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, or build confidence in students.
● Review class material with students by discussing the text, working solutions to problems, or reviewing worksheets or other assignments.
● Teach students study skills, note-taking skills, and test-taking strategies.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta, Atlanta, GA August 2014 - May 2016
● Visited Little, at school, once a week to complete activities and get to know one another.
● Provided assistance in areas of need, which is provided in the initial assessment.
● Develop goals that fit the mentee's education level and career goals.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: