More than 10 years of experience in internal, external, and political organizing, including supervisory, including designing and leading campaigns. Experience in program development, training/coaching, assessing members and campaigns and develop new strategies to help achieve goals and results.
• Support up to 900-1,200 members in organizing and representation efforts using knowledge of basic employee labor laws, such as: FMLA, ADA, OSHA, Worker's Compensation, Fair Housing and Employment
• Relationship building: foster and maintain a collaborative work environment with members, management, and Employee Labor Representatives to identify, address and resolve worksite issues
• Perform outreach to members and non-members by placing cold calls, visits at their work sites and/or home.
• Identify contract violations, file grievances and represent members in meetings
• Design and organize department campaigns, develop message to mobilize members, generate petitions, gather signatures and declarations and crucial information
• Develop agenda, talking points for members, inoculate against push back/management's message, and make a plan to address and negate points
• Create MAT-specific development programs utilizing strengths and identifying weaknesses and educating experienced MAT organizers on contemporary worker engagement & tracking skills
• Represent members in meetings, including but not limited to: disciplinary, Skelly Hearings, labor management meetings, bargaining, safety committees, special accommodations.
• Work collaboratively with disability management, LER, department management, and members to initiate interactive process and secure accommodations needed
• Held quarterly labor management meetings with Executive Directors, management, LER and MATs to address worksite issues/concerns to improve communication, work collaboratively and have active voice in decisions impacting membership; resulted in activating activist and identifying and testing and recruiting new leaders
• Facilitate leadership meetings and workshops
• Delivered on short-term and long-term organizing campaign plans and capacity building goals.
• Researched our targeted universe and conducted outreach such as cold calls, scheduled and unscheduled visits to their work sites, home, and a variety of settings
• Engaged on one-on-one persuasion, inoculation, assessment and motivation of unorganized workers in various settings, which included unprogrammed visits. Resulted in increased membership in our workshops and monthly leadership meetings
• Surveyed workers to identify workplace issues; Served as a liaison between workers and attorneys. Successfully identified an alarming number of wage theft cases at various worksites, which allowed for a class action lawsuit against a major fast food corporation
• Coordinated actions, facilitated meetings, workshops, and union related events
• Lead and trained new organizers, made a strategic plan for undeveloped work sites, resulting in the identification and mobilization of 30% new leaders and worker activists
• Developed and implemented campaign strategy, which strongly focused on reaching out to non-voters, presented key information on proposition and encouraged NO votes
• Developed strategic plan to target and flip undecided voters, which involved listening to conversations and identifying holes in the messaging; Modified message to better connect with voters if needed
• Lead staff debriefs, dispatched and tracked and recorded daily outcomes
• Made strategic campaign plan to meet benchmarks
• Lead the recruitment of canvassers for 5 Northern California offices using a variety of recruitment techniques, including multi-media and in-person outreach
• Provided training and supervision of 25 canvassers; maintained personnel files and payroll
• Trained, coached and assisted canvassers in the field individually
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: