Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the network, assist senior Network Engineers and other technical teams, with the design, development, implementation and daily operation of the network. Troubleshoot system failures and ensure optimum system performance. Monitor system conditions, documents any changes made to networks, constructs a procedural manual for handling network problems and maintain network security. Excellent Interpersonal Skills have the ability to interface with non-technical personnel.
• Monitor and analyze the network traffic and system performance utilizing network management tools and perform corrective actions to bring failed system or devices back to service
• Provide Tier I and II LAN/WAN troubleshooting including responding to ISP circuit issues, performance issues, network configurations, respond to outages or degradation of service to ensure rapid response and quick resolution of service.
• Configure, test, troubleshoot, and ship Cisco routers and Switches to the clients.
• Assist in the development and implementation of LANs and WANs.
• Take real time corrective actions to minimize system issues from impacting system availability and performance.
• Proactively contact vendors, Financial Institutions' operational staffs to diagnose, repair, and restore service and performance to adequate levels on an as needed basis.
• Work with DBAs, InfoSec, Developers, and Senior Network Engineers to resolve technical issues and questions for customers.
• Document incident communication, and update Financial Institutions regularly on ongoing incidents, also provide full report of issues to management personnel.
• Collect daily, weekly and monthly performance statistics for Financial Institutions to proactively identify performance issues.
• Audit, track and report on help desk tickets using Remedy and/or JIRA in order to identify issues and to resolve them more quickly and efficiently.
• Perform after hours maintenance and support as required, to include participating in an On Call rotation.
• Document and maintain network documentation and network changes using Visio.
• Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for network and system problems when requested by management personnel.
• Set up workstation and configure software and hardware to meet users' needs, including adding computers to active directory domain, connectivity, internet access, and email.
• Lead technical support for workstations, laptops, servers, scanners, and faxes including answering all trouble calls/emails and enter work order into a tracking system. I also interacted with staff to resolve technical issues.
• Provided trainings, coaching, and support to staff via telephone, onsite, and remotely.
• Created and deleted user accounts and gave permissions to employees in active directory.
• Configured TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, and DHCP settings on workstations, laptops and servers.
• Configured and administered Local and remote VPN.
• Installed, configured, maintained, and optimized software applications and resolving software conflicts.
• Installed and configured new network peripherals and upgraded hardware and desktop/laptop workstations.
• Ensured that all workstations and servers are up to date by pushing updates, patches, and service packs.
• Troubleshoot Outlook and MS Exchanger email system to meet management and employees needs.
• Performed daily and weekly database backup by using Veritas backup exec.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: