Well-organized and punctual Manual Machinist adept at using precision tools to take accurate and precise cuts and or measurements to achieve desired tolerances and dimensions. Bringing over 12 years of comprehensive experience in operating manual machines, as well as programming and operating semi-automated or automated tools and machines, including but not limited to Lathes and Milling machines, surface grinders, horizontal boring machines, conversational knee Mills, turret style lathe centers, plasma cutter, various welding platforms, pneumatic shears, various press brakes, overhead cranes up to 50,000 lb and operations etc. Sound knowledge of the properties of various metals and other material.
Reliable Machinest skilled at reading and following machine schematics and standard operating procedures. Meticulous and systematic with excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. Accomplished in manufacturing and repairing precision parts and or instruments. Capable of performing quality control over self as well as others meticulously. Extremely self sufficient but works very well in a team setting also. Physically fit to perform almost any task set before me while maintaining safe and enjoyable work operations for everyone.
• Machined raw materials to desired tolerances per customers drawings and or sample parts
• Worked directly with fabrication shop foreman to machine parts in support for support in fabrication
• Inspected broken equipment to find cause of failure and or product issues and machine material to achieve product repair
• Measured and cut piping to desired lengths including material for proper bends
• Bent pipe to proper contour of
US Coast Guard cutters, Frigates
• Cut threads on pipe according
to layout measurements
• Worked directly with ships captain to ensure quality standards
• Assisted in system pressurization
and inspection for leaks and
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: