Motivated researcher with multidisciplinary formation in Microbiology, Molecular Biology and Nanotechnology
· Methodologies for the design of integrated diagnostic protocols in quarantine laboratories: Specificity, sensitivity, post-test likelihood ratios, Bayesian analyses, cost-benefit of detection protocols.
· Serology: Bacterial antigen preparation. Intramuscular, parenteral and subcutaneous rabbit immunization. Serum titration by double immunodiffusion. Protein A purification of IgG. ELISA optimization.
· Primers and probes design and optimization of conventional, multiplex and qPCR protocols.
· Nucleic acid extraction and manipulation for routine (PCR, qPCR, q-rtPCR) and next generation analyses (16S-ITS based metagenomics; transcriptomic analyses by RNAseq).
· Metagenomics analysis (16S for Bacteria and Archaea and 18S for Eukarya) and RNAseq-based transcriptomics analysis.
· Microscopy skills: Bright-field, time-lapse, contrast phase, transmission electron microscopy, inverted fluorescence and confocal laser scanning microscopy. Staining and targeting of specific organisms, structures and molecules with fluorescent dyes and antibodies. Experience with NIS-Elements and Image J (COMSTAT plugin) software's for automatic cell counting, object movement tracking, and 3-D objects image analysis (area, height, and volume quantifications from z-stacks).
· Cellular growth dynamics and cell viability assessment: CFU/ml, cell counts by microscopy, turbidity-based growth curves, alamarBlue® cell proliferation kit, PMA-qPCR, LIVE/DEAD cellular viability kits.
· Evaluation of antimicrobials agents by clinical guidelines and other methods: minimum inhibitory concentration, minimum bactericidal concentration, time to kill assays, biofilm inhibition, killing and disruption activities.
· Study of toxicity mechanisms of antimicrobials: Intra and extracellular reactive oxygen species quantification, lipid peroxidation, cell content release, cell membrane integrity assessment, metal solubilization.
· Assessment of intra and extracellular chemical element composition by ICP-OES.
· Microfabrication: Microfluidic design with AutoDesk software, wafer manufacture by soft photolithography and 3D printing, manual microchip assembly (glass/PDMS for microscopy and PDMS/PDMS for other assays) and microfluidic control with Harvard apparatus and similar.
Perform research in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry, Next Generation Sequencing, Nanotechnology, and Microfluidics. Collaboration with research in the fields of Plant Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacy and Aquiculture.
Design and optimization of cultural, serological and molecular-based techniques for pathogenic bacteria identification.
Establishing methodologies for the design of integrated diagnostic protocols in quarantine laboratories.
BLS2 laboratory accreditation according to national biosafety guidelines.
Training in advanced methodologies to detect, identify and classify plant pathogenic bacteria
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: