Design Tools: Vivado, Xilinx ISE, Cadence Virtuoso, HSPICE, Synopsis Design Compiler, Cadence Encounter, Synopsis Primetime, Eclipse, Pycharm, Jupyter Notebook, Minitab, Pspice, Hspice, NgSpice&Xyce
Hardware: Arduino, Raspberry-Pi, FPGA, Siemens PLC
Research Advisor: Prof. Ayse K. Coskun
Designing next-generation cooling systems and simulation infrastructure for high-performance processors
Grading homework and the projects for computer organization class (EE457)
Designing robot navigation and obstacle avoidance system as well as a gesture-controlled UAV system
Working as an undergraduate teaching assistant for Computer Circuit Simulation and Microprocessor Fundamentals classes
Modeling the Next-Generation Hybrid Cooling Systems for High-Performance Processors (Boston University)
Hardware Stochastic Computing-Based Deep Convolutional Neural Network Design (University of Southern California)
Design of a General Purpose Microprocessor Using Software and Hardware Components (University of Southern California)
Design of a DDR-III Memory controller for an SDRAM (University of Southern California)
● Outstanding Paper Award, 2014 IEEE Region 4 Student Paper Contest, Milwaukee, WI 06/14
● Academic Honor: Honor List (consecutive semester) 09/12-12/13
● Third Prize, NCUT 9TH PLC Innovation Design Competition 06/12
● Second Prize, China 6th “ Challenge” Cup Science and Academic Competition 06/11
● Outstanding Poster Award, 19th IEEE Intersociety Conference on Thermal and Thermomechnanical Phenomena in Electronic Systems (ITHERM) 06/19
● A. Richard Newton Young Fellowship to attend the 56th Design Automation Conference 05/19
● Zihao Yuan, Geoffrey Vaartstra, Prachi Shukla, Zhengmao Lu, Sherief Reda, Evelyn Wang, and Ayse K. Coskun, “A Learning-Based Thermal Simulation Framework for Emerging Two-Phase Cooling Technologies”, in Proc. of Design, Automation and Test in Europe (DATE), 2020.
● Zihao Yuan, Geoffrey Vaartstra, Prachi Shukla, Mostafa Said, Sherief Reda, Evelyn Wang, and Ayse K. Coskun, “Two-Phase Vapor Chambers with Micropillar Evaporators: A New Approach to Remove Heat from Future High-Performance Chips”, in Proc. of 19th IEEE Intersociety Conference on Thermal and Thermomechnanical Phenomena in Electronic Systems (ITHERM), 2019.
● Zihao Yuan, Geoffrey Vaartstra, Prachi Shukla, Sherief Reda, Evelyn Wang, and Ayse K. Coskun, “Modeling and Optimization of Chip Cooling with Two-Phase Vapor Chambers”, in Proc. of ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED), 2019.
● Zihao Yuan, Geoffrey Vaartstra, Prachi Shukla, Sherief Reda, Evelyn Wang, and Ayse K. Coskun, “An EDA tool for co-designing high-performance processors and emerging cooling technologies”, in Proc. of Workshop on Open-source EDA Technology (WOSET) , 2019.
● Zihao Yuan, Ji Li, Zhe Li, Caiwen Ding, Ao Ren, Bo Yuan, Qinru Qiu, Jeffrey Draper and Yanzhi Wang, Softmax Regression Design for Stochastic Computing Based Deep Convolutional Neural Networks, to appear in Proc. of ACM Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI (GLSVLSI), 2017
● Zihao Yuan, Kevin Laubhan, Kumar Yelamarthi, “An Efficient and Dynamic Algorithm for Accurate Mobile Robot Navigation”, in Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Electro/Information Technology, 2014 (Outstanding Paper Award).
●Ji Li, Zihao Yuan, Zhe Li, Ao Ren, Caiwen Ding, Jeffrey Draper, Shahin Nazarian, Qinru Qiu, Bo Yuan, and Yanzhi Wang, “Normalization and Dropout for Stochastic Computing-Based Deep Convolutional Neural Networks”, in Elsevier's Integration, the VLSI Journal, 2018.
●Ji Li, Zihao Yuan, Zhe Li, Caiwen Ding, Ao Ren, Qinru Qiu, Jeffrey Draper and Yanzhi Wang, “Hardware-Driven Nonlinear Activation for Stochastic Computing Based Deep Convolutional Neural Networks”, in Proc. of International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), 2017.
●Zihao Yuan, “A Dynamically Adapting Indoor Navigation Algorithm for Mobile Robots”, in Proc. of American Society for Engineering Education North Central Section Conference, 2014.
●Andrew Gigowski, Nicholas Martin, Timothy Root, Aaron Yoon, Zihao Yuan, Zhiyu Zhou, Kumar Yelamarthi, “Semi-Autonomous Gesture Controlled UAV Transportation System”, in Proc. of American Society for Engineering Education North Central Section Conference, 2015. (All authors contributed equally to this paper.)
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: