I offer a well-rounded background in technology and customer support. I've worn a myriad of different hats from web server administrator, project management, and DNS/DHCP administrator to network engineer and software engineer, touching many different platforms, hardware and software including UNIX, Cisco, SQL, HP OpenView, Citrix, Aruba, Juniper, Bind, and Solaris to name a few, with the ability to pick up new technologies quickly and efficiently, as well as work collaboratively in a team environment.
Created non-scripted T.V. formats and wrote one-sheet pitches, as well as treatments of non-scripted television ideas to be pitched by the head of development to various networks. Additional duties included researching ideas submitted by the head of development and other staff members, proof-reading one-sheets and treatments, as well as editing documents.
• Troubleshooting network issues (layer 1) with clients supported by CIS.
• Contacting ISP's on client's behalf to resolve Tier 2 issues.
• Contacting clients and working with non-technical employees to resolve Tier 1 and network-related equipment issues to resolve and ensure minimal impact to business and meet SLA requirements.
• IP management of all IP's utilizing DNS and DHCP (QIP, Bind, Solaris).
• Performed subnet audits to ensure adequate space for devices (Excel pivot tables, vlookup, graphs).
• Managed new customer request website
• Worked with Planning and Engineering to ensure correct forecasting for future projects and application implementation.
• Oversaw and managed all non-change and change related DNS/DHCP requests to ensure minimal to no impact to business.
• Assisted with applications development in HP OpenView for NOC including alarm filters, indicators, priority of alarms, and alarm logging (DevOps).
• Troubleshot and resolved DNS and DHCP related issues from internal ticketing system, emails, and phone calls.
• Upgraded DNS and DHCP servers to new code versions (Bind, Solaris).
• Provided QIP training and guidance to NOC members.
• Assisted with planning and design of DNS and DHCP topology (Bind, WAN/LAN architecture).
• Generated ad hoc and weekly reports for DNS and DHCP health and IP change statistics (UNIX, Solaris, SQL, Excel).
• Configured Sapphire Appliances for BT Diamond IP Control (Linux)
• Performed quality assurance and regression testing on Sapphire Appliances prior to company-wide implementation.
• Created technical MOP's (methods of procedure) for various applications (QIP, Cisco CSS and Citrix Netscaler SSL certificates, and Cisco Content Engines).
• Utilization of monitoring and other tools to detect and resolve network and DNS/DHCP issues, including traffic analysis (NetQOS, Wireshark, Firehunter, HP Openview and NNMI9, SiteWatcher, Juniper firewall, MRTG ).
• Maintained, troubleshot, and upgraded Video on Demand Content Engines (Cisco Content Engines v22.214.171.124).
• Assisted with QA testing for VZW.com software development team on weekly basis upon marketing campaign launches and code upgrades.
• Maintained, troubleshot, and upgraded IOS on Voice Portal dual chassis gateways (Cisco 5400/5800's).
• Supported RSA Secure Token.
• Maintained Voice Portal ingress gateways (Cisco 5400/5800's).
• ISDN, DSL, VPN, EVDO Digi, FIOS testing, diagnostics, and repair for Verizon Wireless retail locations.
• Applied SGS code upgrade patches (Symantec).
• Performed minor QA testing on Symantec Gateways weekly upon patch upgrades.
• Upgraded IOS on Cisco 2800 retail store routers.
• Enabled and disabled ISDN PRI's on T3's for weekly CVP code upgrade support.
• Project management of new IP management website rollout to company employees - gathered requirements, utilized friendly testers, communicated adjustments to development team.
• Created new and streamlined process to update and maintain Secure Socket Layer certificates on all network load balanced mission and business critical Verizon Wireless applications. (Cisco, Citrix, Verisign, CyberTrust).
• Provided weekly load test monitoring for VZW.com team (Citrix Netscaler, Cisco CSS's, Cisco switches, SRX firewalls).
• Provided a variety of network support to the business that included processing Cisco RMA requests for new hardware for various support teams, configuration, verification, troubleshooting and provisioning of the following: Cisco WAAS and Content Engines, Aruba Wireless Access Points, Microsoft Windows servers, Outlook, Cisco routers and switches, Juniper Firewalls, Blue Coat proxies, VPN, T1, T2, IMA, DS3, network costing, identifying and mitigating packet loss and network latency, CSS and Netscaler failovers, and various hardware replacements.
• Blocked IP's and URL's posing possible security threats to the business (Juniper Firewall, Blue Coat proxy, Microsoft ISA, Cisco Content Engine web proxy servers)
• Suspended and enabled application services on load balancing devices (Cisco GSS's, Cisco CSS's, Citrix Netscalers)
• Data Mining (Clementine 6.0.2, Excel).
• Development, implementation, and support maintenance of intranet portal (NT server, Oracle 8i database, Excel)
• Assisted with code development for predictive churn model (Teradata SQL 4.01, Excel charts and graphs)
• Gathered requirements from marketing group for predictive churn model.
• Modeling and scoring for predictive churn model (Clementine 6.0.2)
• Business Objects universe development (Business Objects 5, Oracle SQL 7).
• Updated metadata (PowerDesigner Suite 6.0)
• User support and training (Business Objects, web portal, Web Intelligence).
• Data Warehouse conversion from current billing systems to Unified Data Model (Teradata)
• Performed problem management support and resolution for over 200 billing systems and platforms across AirTouch/Verizon Wireless including Oracle, UNIX, VMS, and VAX
• Monitored all problem notifications and service requests
• Responsible for designing and updating training documentation (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Updated and maintained internal support website (HTML)
• Created and scheduled reports in DSS based application (Web Intelligence)
• Acted as liaison between vendors and customers to solve billing and application issues
• Project management support for roll out of Oracle Financials and Oracle HR to company
• Assisted with pre and post implementation QA testing through all life cycle phases of the project.
• Trained Support Center for commercial rollout of both Oracle Financials and HR
• Performed daily quality assurance checks on all environments (UNIX and Oracle-based).
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: