I am a dedicated Boulder Fire Captain with 25 years of service to this community. I consider myself a leader in our organization with a history of integrity and dependability. I continue to offer a career of fire, EMS, and leadership skills to the Boulder Fire Rescue Department. I also offer problem solving skills with collaboration I have a commitment to the citizens and employees of Boulder to provide a healthy and safe place to live, work, and play.
Fire Captain oversees an assigned operational company,
coordinates Fire Station and Apparatus operations and maintenance, and manages fire department programs
• Responsible for conducting and overseeing fire department health and safety functions including safety
officer response, infection control, wellness and fitness initiatives, conducting injury and exposure
investigations, and training duties related to Health and Safety functions.
• Responsible for ensuring all department training, policies and procedures incorporate firefighter
safety, health and wellness.
• Work with R&D committee to research and recommend new safety equipment and procedures for
purchase or implementation.
• Coordinate the department's PPE program including inventory maintenance, inspections, and
• Analyzes department injury, accident, and exposure and near-miss data to detect workplace
• Participates in live fire training and multi-company incident responses as the incident safety officer.
• Conducts facility safety audits.
• Conducts and/or coordinates accident investigations and prepares associated documentation.
• Functions as the chairperson of the department's safety committee.
OVERALL JOB OBJECTIVE:
Under general supervision, the Fire Lieutenant is responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned including the classifications of Fire Fighter and Fire Engineer. The Fire Lieutenant supervises the assigned crew and apparatus at emergency scenes, on routine business and other assignments. This position is responsible for achieving appropriate levels of training and overall performance of their fire company while maintaining the safety of the crew. The Fire Lieutenant encourages, coordinates and directs efforts of their crew to meet departmental goals and objectives and they provide support and guidance to assigned personnel in the performance of their duties. May act in positions of higher rank and perform related duties as assigned.
1. Responds to fire, medical and other emergencies as part of an assigned company and performs all the
essential functions of a Fire Fighter.
2. Conducts initial size-up at fire and emergencies.
3. Directs and performs hose and extinguishment operations, rescue operations, ladder operations,
ventilation, forcible entry, salvage and clean-up operations, exposure protection and hazardous materials
control and containment.
4. Directs and performs emergency medical technician level care at injury or accident scenes involving basic
5. May respond to and direct, and perform operations at emergencies involving specialized service such as
confined space rescue, extrication and technical rescues including high angle, below grade, swift water, ice
rescue, trench and collapse rescues and wildland fires.
6. Directs and performs general maintenance of fire stations, property, trucks and equipment.
7. May drive and operate fire department vehicles, apparatus and equipment.
8. Participates in drills and classes pertaining to emergency medical, fire suppression, rescue, fire inspections
and related subjects.
9. Participates in public education and community relation activities including school visits and fire station
10. Performs fire cause and origin investigations.
11. Directs and performs fire and life safety inspections and prepares pre-incident plans of buildings.
12. Models, promotes and actively engages in developing and maintaining positive, effective working
relationships with co-workers and the public.
13. Provides direction, motivation, support and guidance to employees by actively supporting department
values and philosophies, and assists in achieving department goals and objectives; motivates employees to
achieve desired work performance and behavior; monitors and evaluates employee performance.
14. Encourages and assists employees in developing their job knowledge, skills and abilities; provides guidance
and instruction to new employees and assists others in correcting deficiencies; provides counsel to
employees in meeting their personal and career goals.
15. Takes appropriate corrective action when necessary to change inappropriate behavior, and recommends
disciplinary action when necessary.
16. Holds, uses and manages assigned city issued credit card according to city rules and regulations.
Page 2 of 5
17. Prepares reports and completes paperwork and data entry.
18. Regular and predictable attendance at work is an essential function of this position.
19. Performs other duties as required to meet the needs of the city.
a. While performing duties, takes proper safety precautions, anticipates unsafe circumstances, and acts
accordingly to prevent accidents.
b. Is responsible for the safety of self, others, materials and equipment.
c. Uses all required safety equipment and follows all safety regulations, policies and procedures.
d. Reports all accidents and damage to city property.
e. Is responsible for knowing, complying with and enforcing all city and department policies; participating
in professional trainings and development; and adhering to attendance and workplace attire policies.
Generally, duties and responsibilities are listed from most to least critical or time consuming.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: