· Controlled irrigation system to convey water to farms in assigned area, according to rights, for irrigating fields and crops: Contacted water users to determine quantity of water needed, and time and duration of delivery. Computes and requisitions quantity of water required. Operates gates, checks, turnouts, and waste ways to regulate water flow into canals and laterals.
· Measures or estimates diversions of water from canals and to water users, and calculates and records quantities delivered for use in computing charges to farmers.
· Patrolled assigned area by foot, or motor vehicle to detect leaks, breaks, weak areas, or obstructions and damage to irrigation system. Patrolled canal at night to determine that water is flowing in prescribed volume into users' ditches.
· Removes debris and makes emergency repairs to banks, structures, gates, and canal roads fills holes and exterminates rodents. Wrote reports and recorded daily deliveries, number of users, amount of water used, and other data required.
· Prepared reports on condition of system and equipment, replacements or repairs as needed. Clearing ditches, raising ditch banks, repairing concrete and wooden structures, erecting fences and gates, and other maintenance work after irrigating season has passed.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: