Responsible and highly motivated professional with solid and diverse experience in emergency management, disaster planning, preparation and recovery.
Employed with County, State, and currently Federal emergency management. This experience has provided me with valuable insight and working knowledge of these government entities and how they work together.
Ambitious, dependable, and demonstrates professionalism in handling disaster response and crisis management.
Work closely with Federal, State, and local governments to ensure their emergency preparedness plans will be effective and the have the ability to implement protective measures in the event of any incident at a commercial nuclear power plant.
- Reviewing and approving radiological emergency preparedness plans.
Managing and evaluating exercises that test emergency plans.
- Ensuring training emergency personnel who might be involved in or respond to a nuclear power plant incident is proficient.
-Write comprehensive reports and evaluations.
-Develop, strengthen, and maintain long-lasting personal and business relationships.
-Respond to incidents such as Super Storm Sandy.
-Train, attend conferences, read trade journals, and participate in networking and discussions to maintain a high level of competency in my field.
Working within the Radiological Preparedness program, assisted counties developing and practicing their emergency response plans within the emergency planning zones of nuclear powered plants.
-State liaison for two counties, while working with six counties on a daily basis.
- State point-of-contact for obtaining and distribution of Potassium iodide (KI).
-Worked closely with FEMA, counties, nuclear power plants, as well as Public Health, both county and state, Office of Fire Prevention, Department of Transportation, along with fire and EMS, hospitals and police.
-Deployed to State or county Emergency Operations Centers during emergencies or exercises to work as a liaison between the county emergency manager, New York State, and the nuclear energy generating power plant.
After a two week deployment to the World trade Center attacks, I began my work at the Office of Emergency Management.
- Coordinated and provided education and training for emergency responders and community.
-Assist organizations with the development and revisions of their disaster plans.
- Respond to and coordinate resources and personnel at traumatic events.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement drills and exercises for the ambulance corps, fire departments, E-911 Communications, schools, college, hospitals, and community organizations.
- Provide presentations and instructed training to governing boards, department heads, and others as requested.
- Course sponsor for the Yates County Training Center, planned classes, courses, and presentations, recruit qualified instructors, review and purchase text books, equipment, and other items required for classes or exercises.
- Maintained student records, ambulance records, equipment records
- Complied with all local, regional, state and federal policies, procedures, and policies when conducting training, education, drills, and exercises.
Concentration in Fire and Emergency Services Administration
Currently enrolled to obtain my Master's degree, expected graduation date of May 2015.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: