Highly-focused and communicative People Ops Professional bringing 15+ years Human Resources experience with extensive benefits management, compliance, and engagement background. Astute and proactive problem-solver possessing elevated business and operations acumen honed through progressive career history and diverse industries knowledge. Talented in key HR functions, spanning employee hiring, training, development, retention, compensation, and total rewards..
Global leading manufacturer of innovative window film, coating, metallizing and laminate solutions with $82M in revenues.
• Human Resources leadership for 250 employees across two manufacturing plants and eight off-site services centers, including two Canadian locations.
• Member of executive leadership team reporting to President/CEO
• Directed and managed multi-site/multi-state human resource policy, total rewards to include compensation, benefit, and payroll services, leave management, employee relations, talent acquisition and retention, performance management, workers compensation, strategic planning, compliance and reporting, event planning, and leadership coaching and development.
• Drove the organization's culture and people strategies and established the HR office as a positive partner in problem solving and a true resource for employee success. • Established evolving COVID related safety and security policy and protocols.
• Led facility consolidation (layoffs, COBRA, severance), and expansion efforts.
• Actively involved in acquisition activities, broker transition, and leading payroll and benefit program consolidation and transition.
• Responsibility for two separate company payroll processes, and four benefit offerings to include multi-state, Japanese in-pat, and ex-pat coverages.
Franchise location of facilities services management company with locations in over 60 territories in the United States and Canada, where it has grown through franchising since 2001
• Led Human Resources (HR of One) and Office Management group at City Wide, from the start-up phase as a franchise facility services company to double digit employee growth.
• Researched, shopped, and implemented new benefits, including the first 401k plan, changed to a new agent of record and broker, worked with insurance brokers for all business insurance policies, and presented open enrollment to staff.
• Responsibilities included all things HR, from talent acquisition to payroll to compliance.
• Established both office and HR policies and procedures utilizing industry best practices.
• Recruited, hired, and trained all office staff to perform at a high level.
• Responsible for local accounting to include A/R, A/P, budgeting, Balance Sheet, GL adjustments, and P&L.
• Set up templates for quoting new business opportunities, which included additional compliance regulations and reporting requirements for intended company size
• Recruited Independent Contractor Business Owners to partner with the company.
30 privately owned companies with common ownership from start-ups to established businesses, from financial services to craft beer breweries, in a shared services model.
• Organization was in a state of constant change and consistently operated in acquisition mode, which involved the start up, and shut down of business units, and the number of employees fluctuated greatly from month to month.
• HR Policy, talent acquisition, performance management, and employee relations serving primarily in a tactical, problem-solving role in a highly volatile environment with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
• Full cycle talent acquisition, including onboarding, benefit orientation, and initial training for entry to executive-level candidates for internal business units.
• Implemented and managed a new payroll platform and provided HR consultation and coaching services to leadership and department heads.
• 401K, OSHA, benefit, and workers compensation compliance and audit.
Provider of a range of products and services to businesses including uniforms, mats, mops, cleaning and restroom supplies, first aid and safety products, fire extinguishers and testing, and safety courses.
Office, Customer Service & Accounting Manager, Pinellas Park, FL (7/11 – 12/13)
• Managed Customer Service, A/R, A/P, Vendors, Facility Maintenance, and internal audit, including SOX compliance.
• Consistently achieved internal goals and passed audit with high scores.
• Directly managed 8 employees, to include performance management, payroll, and scheduling.
Accounting and HR Manager, Fort Myers, FL (12/10 – 7/11)
• Assisted with build out a new National Account Center for an emerging business, which began as an acquisition. This location was in constant acquisition mode of small fire service and installation companies.
• Onboarded and trained acquired employees to follow established policies and procedures and worked to transition employees to corporate payroll and benefits.
• Worked with corporate office to design internal audit package and created a new consolidated billing process.
• Directly managed 12 staff, and indirectly 75 employees, to include local HR, performance management, payroll, and scheduling.
Regional A/R and HR Manager, Tampa, FL (12/09 – 12/10)
• Built out a new Regional Accounts Receivable business unit from the ground up.
• Wrote policies and procedures based on established business unit metrics to enable duplication in 3 other regions.
• Hired, trained, and managed up to 22 direct reports, to include performance management, payroll, and scheduling. • Responsible for local HR, performance, budget, P&L, and compliance.
Office, Customer Service & HR Manager, Tampa, FL (4/06 – 12/09)
• Took over management of 3 regional locations that had failed internal audit and was able to get locations into audit conformance within 6 months (score raised from 56 to 94, with 88 being a passing score).
• Managed 10 direct reports, and 50 indirect reports, covering A/R, A/P, Customer Service, Payroll (including commissions), local HR, and Audit.
• Selected as the lead auditor on the regional audit team and assisted with new manager training for other regional locations. I also helped write new corporate policies and procedures for new emerging businesses.
• In addition to my daily responsibilities, took the lead on the build-out of a new consolidated location, working with vendors and design to deliver an on-time and on-budget build.
Accounts Receivable & Regional Accounts Payable, Pinellas Park, FL (11/02 – 4/06)
• Started career with Cintas in Accounts Receivable where monthly goals were consistently outperformed.
• Promoted into a new role in an emerging business center where I successfully set up a regional accounts payable process to support 7 regional locations with 3-way matching and cost of goods Accounts Payable. I participated in regularly scheduled inventory counts, and processed inventory updates to comply with corporate requirements.
HRCI- PHR 2015-current
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: