I have 12 years of experience, including as a Controls Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Plant Automation and Controls Maintenance Engineering Supervisor, and as a Nuclear Engineer in industries including the Electronics Production Industry, Food Industry, and Chemicals and Allied Products. Most recently, I have been working as an Automation Controls Engineer/Process Engineer and Industrial Engineer at Veoneer, Inc. My strengths include: production equipment automation, process design and development, PLC programming/development and troubleshooting, HMI interface development, Mechanical and Electrical design and troubleshooting, Assured Reliability, Preventive and Predictive Maintenance and planning, and PFMEA/DFMEA development. I'm a self-starting, self-directing independent thinker who prides himself on solving complex problems in elegant simple ways either independently or as part of a team to accomplish set goals, the ability to form tight relationships with colleagues and superiors, and being able to add value to any team I become a part of.
· Designed, developed, and commissioned 2 production lines for new generation products including: Physical design, Line layout, Process Design, Automation Logic development and implementation, sensor integration, Vision Inspection development and Implementation, and traceability system integration.
· Developed the Company-wide standard for PLC ladder logic schemas, structured text schemas, and HMI capability and workflow requirements that are easy-to-use and aesthetically simple and pleasing.
· Developed a “Central Production Monitor” PLC and HMI display which takes in all production data from every production machine and populates the data into an intuitive layout with trending info, SPC data, and alerts.
· Spearheaded the conversion of the older Allen-Bradley 1P1P PLC's to the new 1P1P OMRON NX1P PLC's, rewriting logic as needed to either ease the conversion or implementing kaizen improvements to the processes.
· Spearheaded the development and integration of our new custom traceability system by Ignition (changeover from older grandfathered-in proprietary system to Flexware Ignition) and developed all PLC and PC station handshaking to/from Ignition.
· Developed and commissioned updates and modifications to existing production lines, often as a "ground-up" redesign of multiple stations construction using solidworks, subsequent building of the new stations, rewriting/developing new PLC logic and HMI interfaces from scratch to effectively create additional variants of current product that could run seamlessly and concurrently on current production line.
· Responsible for developing and maintaining Manufacturing-side Engineering budget to include spares inventory for new and existing production lines, engineering material budget, shop supply budget, and CapEx budgets for new products and development. As well as · working with suppliers to leverage improved designs which provide greater yield for our application and their own internal applications.
· Responsible for developing and implementing all Barcode labeling and grading (2D datamatrix, QR, etc, and 1D barcodes) for all products and subcomponents to customer and internal standards.
· Designed / Developed vision inspection systems and schemas for all key production points to mitigate quality spills and improve OA/FTP.
· Responsible for overseeing and performing as necessary, field wiring, pneumatic plumbing, and liquid plumbing for heat transfer systems, plant control systems and HVAC systems.
· Instrumental in the development and Implementation of the Robot-based (Epson C4 series) product inspection and assembly station which increased production yield and FTP at assembly stations by 20%.
· Implemented on-site 3D printing capability for design prototyping, tooling prototyping, fixturing, and ready-made on-hand spares for station nesting/equipment where applicable.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: