Application Engineer Specialist / Technical Service Specialist
Product Application & Management | Engineering | Manufacturing | Quality |
Regulatory | Business Operations
“Driving Customer-Focused Business Growth through Creativity, Innovation, Strategy, and Execution”
A highly innovative, collaborative Global Colleagues with expertise in product application, product development, R&D, product management, manufacturing, operations. Significant cross-functional experience in progressive, technically oriented, customer focused companies. Skilled in leading, developing optimum product solutions to accomplish objectives, business goals. Consistently recognized for strong innovation, customer interactions, creative approaches to problem solving, strategy. Experience in Foodservice industries, R&D Laboratory, Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing.
· Vision, Strategy Planning & Execution
· New Product Introduction | Field Testing | Training
· Subject Matter Expert | Food Service Supplies
· Customer Engagement | Product Selection Streamline
· Certified Food Protection Manager | Restaurants
· Delight / Delivery / Drive | Product Application & Solution
· Application Engineering Development
· Lean–Sigma | Product Improvement
· Global Cross Functional Team | Product Training
· Regulatory Compliance | FDA | ISO | GLP | GMP
· New Product Development | Customer Insights
3M COMPANY, Saint Paul, MN 1992 – 2021
3M is a multibillion-dollar global company of innovative R&D, technologies, manufacturing, and service businesses. With its global diverse employees, global locations, technologies, products, and services, 3M applies science to improve lives daily around the world.
· Fluent in Hmong and English (both writing and speaking)
· Strong computer skills, MS Office: Power Point, Excel, Word
· Able to effectively communicate and present at all levels
· Able to effectively understand customers and provide solutions and services
· Able to build relationship and interact with diverse people
· Able to navigate through and solve complex problems
· Exhibit aptitude to quickly learn and provide implementation
· Posses strong organizational and leadership skills
· Possess knowledge of Quality Systems, US FDA Good Laboratory Practices and current Good Manufacturing Practices, and International Organization for Standardization regulations
· Experience in Analytical Instrumentation, Chemical Separation and Material Characterization, Test Method Development, Product Development, Problem Solving, Cross Functional Teamwork, and Customer Service
Served as Primary Application Engineer and Global Subject Matter Expert for Food Service Supplies Portfolio (USAC $84M, Global $180M) serving restaurants and food service businesses. Product portfolio included: All Scotch-Brite™ and Niagara™ hand pads, Scotch-Brite™ Quick Clean Griddle Cleaning System, 3M™ Oil Quality Test Strips, and Scotch-Brite™ Kitchen Cleaner & Degreaser Wipes.
· Provided on-going Application Engineer supports:
o Product and application solution selection
o Daily Marketing & Sales team engagement, and distributor and broker training
o Daily customer engagement and correspondence, and onsite visit
· Provided Subject Matter Expert product knowledge, trainings, best practices, and application replication to global Application Engineers.
· Engaged Key Account customers—McDonald's, Wendy's, Panda Express, and others to drive growth.
· Collaborated with Sales Managers to grow new end-users.
· Created and implemented best practices and product solutions in restaurant kitchen cleaning for customers.
· Lead in prototype field testing, voice of customer gathering, and customer engagements in New Product Introduction projects.
· Translated voice of customers into new product ideas and/or superior product concept.
· Created and updated technical documents—Technical Data Sheets, Frequently Asked Questions, White Papers, Product Literatures and Claims.
· Reviewed and approved technical documents, marketing literatures, and packaging literatures and materials.
· Created product training presentations, live and video product application demos.
· Conducted product claim, and competitive testing.
· Participated in cross-functional team meetings.
· Served as Environmental, Health and Safety Chair for Work Safety and Cleaning Laboratory of Commercial Solutions Division
· Authored test methods.
· Certified as “3M Endorsed for Architectural Installer Program” installer for 3M™ DI-NOC™ Architectural Finishes.
· Conducted audits for 3M Pharmaceuticals Division and Drug Delivery Systems Division to ensure adequacy of operational controls and identification of deficiencies that require improvement.
· Provided audit reports; communicated audit observations and findings; reviewed observation and finding responses; and determined their acceptability.
· Provided advice and consultations on regulatory compliance to improve operational control systems and regulatory inspections.
· Provided guidance and advice to division personnel on responding to customer audits and addressing regulatory compliance concerns.
· Served as a reviewer and approver for the Compliance Audit Unit Standard Operating Procedure and Work Practice Guideline documents.
· Performed analytical testing for drug content and impurities to support drug product development activities (Formulation, Test Article Characterization, Toxicology Study, Clinical Study, Final Container Check, Stability Study, and Investigational New Drug Application) under the regulations of Good Laboratory Practices, Good Clinical Practices and current Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Generated and provided accurate analytical test data and reports to support drug product development activities and Food and Drug Administration drug submission.
· Authored new test methods, method validation protocols, and method validation summary reports.
· Developed, performed, and validated test methods for different developmental phases.
· Served as lead analyst for drug product development and all marketed drug product analysis.
· Presented and reported test data and results at monthly cross-functional team meetings.
· Served as a safety representative for the analytical laboratory group; conducted monthly safety survey in laboratory areas; and provided written reports to upper management.
· Managed day-to-day analytical testing services for Protection Materials Division Analytical Laboratory.
· Provided ongoing analytical testing supports and consultations for product development, technical service, quality assurance, pilot run, and manufacturing activities.
· Provided routine maintenance and services for analytical instruments (DSC, FT-IR, GC and NMR).
· Provided ongoing material characterization for R&D activities and competitive analysis.
· Created and maintained competitive product information database.
· Improved analytical testing service efficiency and upgraded analytical capabilities.
· Established and acquired new analytical testing capabilities and techniques for Protective Material Division.
· Provided training to colleagues on using analytical instruments.
· Served as a liaison for Protection Materials Division and other 3M analytical labs; and worked with cross functional teams to identify and utilize appropriate analytical tools and testing capabilities to achieve New Product Introduction Process tasks and deliverables.
Allied Member: Hospitality Minnesota, Inc.
Board Member: Elder Board of Beacon of Hope Church
Past Co-Chair, and volunteer, 3M Science Training Encouragement Program (3M STEP)
Past Co-Chair United Way Drive, 3M Building and Commercial Services Division
Past Member: Minnesota Midwest Thermo Analysis Group
Past Member: Minnesota Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Group
Past Member: Minnesota Chromatography Forum
Past Committee Member: Saint Paul Foundation
Past Committee Member: Saint Paul Frogtown Initiatives
Past Chair United Way Drive, 3M Protective Materials Division
· American Society of Quality, Quality Auditor, Certified June 2006
· ISO 9001:2000 Internal Auditor, Certified February 2006
· Six-Sigma Greenbelt
· Reference furnish upon request
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: