As an Active Treatment Facilitator I possess an in-depth knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures in assisting clients, that have a wide range of mental and physical disabilities, to better their everyday lives. This has given me the opportunity to apply counseling techniques, that I have learned in my masters degree program, to help clients overcome personal obstacles. I am team oriented with a strong track record of establishing solid relationships with clients, co-workers, administrators, and other state/private agencies that work with us.
Provide individual and group counseling
Knowledgeable in interpreting Human Services laws, rules, and regulations.
Experienced in working with other human services professionals in developing client's individual service plans
Experienced in providing therapeutic environment for clients to learn and grow.
Experienced in developing and providing educational materials and trips to the clients.
Throughout my time within the field of human services work, I have strived to go above and beyond what was required of me. I have effectively managed clients of 7 or more clients a day during shortage of staff. Suggested daily client/staff ratio per day, 4-5 clients for every 1 staff. The state requires that staff take their assigned clients out into the community for community integration 4 times a month minimum or 12 outings in a quarter (3 months). I have consistently had my clients integrated in the community on an average of 17 times every quarter.
Delaware Health and Human ServicesDover, DelawareActive Treatment Facilitator04/2016 to Current
- Experience in implementing treatment plans through individual/group therapeutic sessions. Chooses activities/topics and leads group sessions.
- Experience in updating written records of therapeutic sessions noting progress/problems/possible solutions.
- Experience in intervening in crisis situations, using appropriate therapeutic techniques.
- Experience in observing/recording/reporting any unusual behavior/significant behavior changes.
- Experience in observing/supervising clients/patients/residents ensuring appropriate location/safety/security.
- Experience in planning, conducting/participating in individual/group social activities, on and off campus.
- Experience in participating in inter-disciplinary team meetings to provide input on client needs, strengths, and weakness and discuss client/patient/resident progress to assist the team's development of client's individual program plan.
- Experience in performing preventive maintenance and general cleaning of training materials, work areas, and equipment such as equipment such as/not limited to beds/bed rails/wheelchairs/splints/braces/adaptive mealtime equipment/various assistive technology devices.
- Experience in driving a van to transport/accompany client/patient/resident to and from the facility or around grounds.
- Experience in monitoring vital signs as directed by professional staff.
WoodBridge School DistrictBridgeville, DelawareSubstitute Teacher01/2016 to 04/2016
- Experience in instructing students in a wide range of studies to include; math, English, natural sciences, physical education, and military studies.
- Experience in providing one on one counseling with students that are struggling in their studies.
- Experience in providing a positive environment so students can learn the material being instructed.
Department of Natural Resources and Environmental ControlRehoboth Beach, DelawarePark Patrol Officer05/2012 to 10/2015
- Patrolled the park and enforced park rules, regulations, and policies.
- Unsupervised and autonomous decision making.
- Experience dealing with medical emergencies.
- Experience working with State Park Rangers and Police Officers.
- Experience working with the public and resolving discrepancies.
- Experience working in southern Delaware State Parks
U.S. Marine Corps Jacksonville , NCCorporal/Infantryman 06/2008 to 06/2012
- Experience in combat missions and patrols in Afghanistan.
- Experience in combat patrol procedures and building clearing procedures.
- Experience in leading and the professional development of Marines in my charge.
- Experience in gathering field intelligence.
- Experience in multiple weapon systems and there functions - Experience in orienteering.
- Member of the Twenty-One Gun Salute Team at Arlington National Cemetery.
Master of Arts:Human Services Counseling 2016Liberty University , Lynchburg, VA, United States
Bachelor of Science:Criminal Justice Administration and Management2014University of Phoenix , Tempe , AZ, United States
Associate of Arts:Criminal Justice 2012University Of Phoenix , Tempe , AZ, United States
- Law Enforcement Torch Run for the Special Olympics in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.
- Marine Corps Marathon October, 2015
- Volunteer for Woodbridge High School Marine Corps JROTC, 2016