Aug 15, 2018 - 02:55 AM
First, you should familiarize yourself with common questions hiring managers ask. Some of the most common include:
• What is your favorite and least favorite customer service experience?
• What do you do when you are not at work?
• What is your biggest strength and weakness?
• How would you handle a customer who wanted to pay with an expired coupon?
• What hours can you work?
• What traits do you find most annoying in customers?
In addition to preparing answers to these questions, you should also be ready to show off your best side. You need to have a great attitude to work with the public, and you should show this positive demeanor during the interview. Maintain eye contact throughout the conversation and greet the interviewer with a firm handshake. You should also spend a majority of the time talking and show you are a people person.