- Google workers in Japan have joined a labor union in response to planned layoffs
- What to Do When You Can Smell Layoffs Coming
- Tech Layoffs in 2023 Are Feeding a New Startup Surge
- Amazon cut more than 300 jobs at Zappos – about a fifth of the workforce – in last month's mass layoffs, report says
- Meta reportedly plans more job cuts
- Tech layoffs: Yahoo to slash 20% of its workforce
- US startups laid off more than 3,000 workers in January — a 1,700% jump from the same month last year
- Dell To Cut About 6,650 Jobs, Battered by Plunging PC Sales
- Robinhood shares jump after brokerage cuts jobs, posts smaller-than-feared loss - Reuters
- EXCLUSIVE Siemens Gamesa weighs around 2500 job cuts - sources - Reuters.com
Use a Career Journal to Track Career Progress and Aid a Job Search
When I began my first serious job search, I felt barraged by job search and career management advice. You should network (and here’s a dozen ways to do it), and you s...
Translate Your Military Skills to Civilian Jobs in 6 Easy Steps
How do you present your military skills and experience in such a way that civilian hiring managers will understand? In other words, how do you translate your military skills to ...
So You Want to Get Into Pharmaceutical Sales . . .
Pharmaceutical sales is a popular career choice for job seekers because it offers excellent potential. Learn tips for breaking into pharma sales.
Sample Job-Seeker Stories that Propel Careers
Job-seekers need to know how to develop -- and tell -- stories about skills, abilities, expertise, values, and accomplishments. Here are some free sample job-seeker career sto...
Cool, Unusual, Unique, and Seasonal Jobs
Here are some of the best job sites for job-seekers searching for seasonal, fun, unique, unusual, and cool jobs Are you an adventure-seeker? Looking for a seasonal job? Just ...
Job Shadowing Questions to Ask
Learn what a job shadowing experience entails, plus how to seek one out. Also find guidance on job shadowing questions to consider asking.
Non-Traditional Career Paths for Men and Women
With the fourth wave of feminism blazing ahead at full speed and more and more research surfacing that touts the benefits of a diverse workforce, gender equality has been a hot ...
Liberal Arts Skills That Are Most Useful in Careers
Liberal arts majors gain valuable skills that will help in your careers. Here's a short list. This article is one in a series excerpted by permission from How to Get Any J...
Job Shadowing Tips for Teens and Students
No matter how old you are, deciding what you want to do when you grow up is hard. Instead of imagining, make an appointment to shadow a professional at their job. Getting a bird...
Job Options for (Younger and Older) Teens
Teens of all ages can work, and this article provides a quick overview of the types of jobs and employers for both younger and older teenagers.
Internship Dos and Don’ts for College Students
The importance of participating in one or more internships during college cannot be overstated. Internships help you understand your field, cement (or sometimes, change) your ca...
How to Successfully Transition from Military to Civilian: A Guide For Veterans and Former Military Personnel
by Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D.Regardless the length of your tenure in the military, making the transition to the civilian workforce has to be daunting. Finding a new career...
As seen in*