Electronic Technician Job Description Writing and Posting in 3 Easy Steps
Use this professional created Electronic Technician job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
An electronic technician may deal directly with clients and prepare cost estimates or work more hands-on by repairing or replacing electronic parts. Day-to-day activities may include keeping an inventory of parts, researching new industry standards or running control tests.
Electronic components are color-coded, so color recognition is an important part of this job. Electronic technicians should also be good with their hands and have physical stamina and strength. Knowledge of electrical components and basic troubleshooting is also necessary.
An electronic technician job description should include the required level of education and years of experience, which can change depending on whether the position is entry level or higher. For technicians working with teams, communication skills are also needed.
Electronic Technician Job Description Template
If you are seeking a work environment that has a wealth of new opportunities for advancement and fascinating daily challenges, this may be the place for you. Our organization is looking for highly skilled individuals who have what it takes to be an electronic technician. Your ideas and expertise can help our company fine tune our production and manufacturing processes and influence changes to the way we do business. As an electronic technician, your input could push our organization closer to our monthly and quarterly sales goals. You can join our multidisciplinary team of experts and develop new knowledge and skills in the industry.
- Evaluate electronic components related to the production process or the quality of final product parts and determine when there is a need for changes to the process.
- Decipher complex plans, drawings, diagrams, blueprints and instructions in order to complete installation or practice troubleshooting of electronics systems, parts or wiring networks.
- Record information and results about product or electronic performance by detailing testing methods, documenting possible issues and listing part specifications.
- Partner with mechanical or electrical engineers to fine tune the repair and diagnostic process in the work environment.
- Diagnose and repair problems with malfunctioning circuitry networks, ineffective electronic pieces, and missing or inoperative parts.
- Maintain all equipment and components by performing scheduled maintenance tasks, ensuring calibration of equipment and scheduling replacement when needed.
- Communicate with customers, team members, engineers or management to determine possible problems or update individuals with work progress.
- Improve understanding and expertise in the field by regularly attending workshops, classes, conferences and training sessions in electronics and engineering.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Associate’s degree or some college coursework in electronics or engineering
- Completion of a certificate program in the field
- Excellent ability to solve complex problems
- Top organizational skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a team or independently
- Strong manual dexterity
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Skilled Trades Job Descriptions