Use this professional created Baker job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Bakers make a variety of baked goods from desserts to bread. This requires being able to measure ingredients, prepare baking equipment and apply toppings. Bakers also need to check the quality of ingredients before using them.
Your baker job description can state the kind of education you want to see in applicants. This can involve requiring people to have a formal education from culinary school or simply experience in the field, such as working as a baker’s apprentice.
Bakers need to have good physical strength and stamina in order to carry materials around the kitchen and remain on their feet all day. An eye for detail is also good to have if you will need your baker to make intricate designs on baked goods.
Baker Job Description Template
We pride ourselves on producing the highest quality baked goods, including breads, cakes, pastries, and cupcakes, and with you on our team as a baker, we are sure to do so. You will use your culinary expertise to mix together ingredients to create unique and delicious items for our customers. As a decorating master, you will produce alluring creations that customers wish to buy, as well as follow instructions for personalized cakes and other pastries. Your organizational skills will be utilized as you ensure that all orders are handled appropriately so that we never run out of ingredients for any of our products. Exercise your customer service skills as you work the front of the bakery, taking custom orders and selling premade goods.
- Prepare doughs, fillings, batters, icings and other components by measuring or weighing ingredients using graduated containers or scales to ensure uniformity.
- Use tools such as hand mixers, electric mixers and cooking machinery to blend together ingredients to create high-quality baked goods.
- Cook prepared dough in ovens or on grills as needed, using molds, pans or sheets, depending on the proper baking technique for the item.
- Decorate cakes, pastries and other baked goods, including custom-made decorations for birthdays, weddings and other celebrations.
- Coordinate deliveries to the bakery and buy necessary ingredients to ensure a fully stocked kitchen to reduce any downtime during the day.
- Perform routine checks on raw materials to ensure they adhere to high-quality standards and are not expired or damaged.
- Inspect baked goods to ensure they are of the highest quality, and remove any damaged items before they reach the display case.
- Adjust the amount of ingredients, the oven temperatures, conveyor speeds and humidity as needed so that all products come out as expected.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school education
- 2+ years’ experience as a baker
- First-rate oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated cake decorating expertise
- Culinary school diploma