Use this professional created Childcare Worker job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
A childcare worker’s primary job is to take care of children when the usual caregiver is unavailable. The most important duty is a charges’ safety. This is accomplished through supervising play time and educational activities, developing appropriate schedules and routines, being alert to developmental or emotional problems, and maintaining records of interests, progress and routines.
Your childcare worker job description must specify the training and education required for your specific state and setting. Requirements range from no education to state licensure to a college degree in child development, so it is vital that job descriptions include accurate information for your position.
Beyond appropriate education, childcare workers must possess a unique set of skills. They must be able to effectively communicate with children and adults, they must have the patience to deal with difficult situations in a calm manner and they should have the energy to work with small children daily.
Childcare Worker Job Description Template
If you enjoy working with children and helping to provide a fun, safe and educational environment where you can make a difference, then this may be the position that you’ve been searching for. Our childcare center is in search of qualified workers to help monitor and lead activities throughout the day. Help kids engage in tasks and games designed to promote analytical thinking skills and cooperation, and assist them in working with others to resolve conflicts and encourage cooperation. This job will help you develop excellent skills and techniques that can benefit you in both your personal life and in future careers in child development.
- Supervise and lead children in all daily activities, including play time, reading hour, art projects, and snack and lunch time.
- Educate yourself on all state compliance regulations related to childcare as well as our own internal policies and procedures, and enforce them (when necessary) in a professional yet caring manner.
- Teach the parents and children you work with all of our center’s rules in regards to safety and cooperation to help foster a safer and more structured environment as well as bolster client confidence.
- Assist children in learning to work together through a variety of interactive games and activities designed to encourage cooperation. Assist in successfully resolving conflicts as they arise.
- Help prepare children for lunch and snack times, and assist others on staff in handing out food and beverage items. Lead the children in the cleanup of trays, cups and the eating area after every meal.
- Contact local public agencies, private corporations and civic groups to help arrange special activities and visitors at our childcare center.
- Participate in one-on-one sessions with parents whenever issues involving a child’s behavior at the center need to be addressed, or when such a meeting is requested by the parents.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift 30–40 lbs.
- Previous experience in child or daycare
- CPR certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Childcare Job Descriptions