Some of our customers have been hired by:
Cover Letter Success Stories
How We Build Our Cover Letter Examples
LiveCareer’s team of professional cover letter writers knows what’s hot in the world of work. By staying up-to-date on employment trends, they know what employers are looking for and which keywords and phrases are critical for job seekers to utilize in their application documents.
As a result, the cover letter examples they create are sure to get noticed by recruiters hiring for hundreds of job titles. Packed with the most current industry-specific keywords, skills, and professional experiences employers seek, our cover letter examples are a terrific starting point for job seekers at every career stage.Build my Cover Letter
5 Components of a Great Cover Letter
Whether they are buttoned up and conservative or colorful and whimsical, there is a lot of variety in the look and feel of cover letters. However, all well-written cover letters have one thing in common: they contain a similar mix of the critical information employers seek.
Here are the five basic components of every cover letter
The header of your cover letter should contain your contact information, including your name, professional email address, phone number, and links to relevant websites, like LinkedIn or your online portfolio.
Always do your best to address your letter to a specific person. Study the job ad to find the name of the recruiter. If it’s not listed, do some research on LinkedIn or on the company website to find the right person.
- Opening paragraph:
Your cover letter’s opening paragraph should outline your reasons for applying to the job. LiveCareer’s Cover Letter Examples demonstrate how to write a cover letter opening that is compelling and encourages the employer to read more.
- Body paragraphs:
The body of your cover letter should hook the reader by showing what you’ll bring to the table if you are hired. Here, highlight the most relevant parts of your skillset and call out your most applicable professional achievements. Study our cover letter examples to see how metrics and data can make this section more compelling.
The closing paragraph of your cover letter should restate your interest in the role and summarize your credentials. End your letter by thanking the employer for reviewing your application materials and requesting an interview.
6 Tips for Using a Cover Letter Example
- Search your job title or industry to find the appropriate cover letter examples.
- Choose the example that is the closest match to your job title and professional level.
- Examine the cover letter templates used for your job title. For example, job seekers in a conservative field like banking should choose a straightforward design, while those in a creative field like design might choose a more whimsical template.
- Make note of the five critical sections of a cover letter – the header, the salutation, the opening paragraph, the body copy, and the closing. Study how these sections are organized and how they fit together.
- As you write, consider the keywords and phrases used in the cover letter example. Use the text verbatim or as inspiration for writing your own cover letter content.
- If you need additional help, use LiveCareer’s Cover Letter Builder to recreate the document and utilize our pre-written text suggestions written by certified cover letter writers.