Underwriting Assistant Resume Objective
An Underwriting Assistant helps underwriters with policyholder information. This can include screenings, paperwork, and addressing any policy errors. When applying for a position as an Underwriting Assistant, it can be beneficial to list an objective at the top your resume. The objective will be tailored to that particular company and will act as an introductory selling point.
What the Underwriting Assistant Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A resume objective for this position should reference a relevant quality that you posses. The duties of an Underwriting Assistant include performing data related to potential client eligibility, sending out formal letters to applicant inquiries, and generally assisting the underwriter in all matters pertaining to accepting new clients and maintaining current ones. The assistant must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and must have a general knowledge of financial matters as they relate to loans and policies. An Underwriting Assistant often works with the expectation that he or she will advance to an underwriter position; therefore, the applicant should express a desire to learn from others.
Sample Underwriting Assistant Resume Objectives
A resume objective is a long phrase that lets the employer know why you want that position and what you would bring to the company. While it is less than a full sentence, you’ll want to be sure that the phrase is worded in a way that sounds professional and polished. Below are sample resume objectives that you can change to make your own:
1. Seeking Underwriting Assistant position with ABC company to acquire a thorough understanding of underwriter duties and responsibilities.
2. Underwriting Assistant with 5+ years of experience looking for position with ABC company in order to continue providing expert service to an underwriter.
3. An enthusiastic and self-starting individual seeking position with ABC company to provide support as Underwriting Assistant.
4. Obtain Underwriting Assistant position with ABC company to pursue interest in finance and customer service.
5. A new graduate with intern experience looking for position as Underwriting Assistant with ABC company.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.