Procurement Specialist Resume Objectives
Procurement Specialists can be found in a number of different organizations, and they serve a vital role in ensuring that the business maintains high performance standards and remains profitable. Highlight any skills or qualifications that make you well-equipped to handle the responsibilities of this position in your resume objective.
What The Procurement Specialist Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The primary function of a Procurement Specialist is to obtain the services and items the company needs to function. This involves finding the best prices for those supplies as well as getting them in a timely manner so that everyone in the company is able to do their job when they need to. Other tasks associated with this position include contacting suppliers to resolve late shipments or shortages, tracking the status of orders, comparing prices to find the best possible deal and keeping inventory. Any courses in accounting or business can be beneficial in this profession as well as any familiarity with accounting and calendar software. Your objective statement should let the hiring manager know that you have what it takes to be an asset within the organization.
Sample Procurement Specialist Resume Objectives
It is vital that you include the name of the company in the resume objective. This shows a genuine interest in working with the company. The following are example objectives you can customize for your own resume:
1. Obtain a Procurement Specialist position at ABC company to utilize background in accounting and economic principles.
2. Looking for employment as a Procurement Specialist in order to utilize skills in communication and information processing for the benefit of ABC company.
3. Gain a Procurement Specialist position with ABC company to benefit the organization with experiences in maintaining inventory and tracking orders.
4. A highly organized professional with 10+ years of experience in comparing prices, responding to supplier inquiries and preparing price lists seeking a Procurement Specialist position at ABC company.
5. Seeking a position at ABC company as a Procurement Specialist to utilize familiarity with scheduling and accounting software.
Skills To Put in a Procurement Specialist Resume Objective
As the resume objective is placed at the top of the document, you want to write a statement that is strong enough to convince the hiring manager to keep on reading. A good way to do this is to mention procurement specialist skills that closely match the job description. Compare your qualifications to the company’s needs and include the top two or three skills in your objective statement.
Don’t forget to showcase your soft skills as well. Businesses are looking for employees who can communicate well, assume some leadership roles, take initiative, and fit into their company culture. By sharing a few of these traits in at the top of your resume, you show that you are more than just a pencil pusher. Consider these top procurement specialist skills for your resume objective:
- Ability to process and understand data quickly
- Strong researching and sourcing skills
- Comfortable working with clients from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use computer databases to keep and organize records
- Experienced collaborator who enjoys the team environment
- Knowledge of bid process management
- Proficient in Oracle (PeopleSoft) eProcurement
- Ability to assist others in developing purchasing strategies
- Analyze purchasing patterns and prepare cost studies
- Excellent at developing vendor relations and client loyalty
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.