Hotel Front Desk Agents are important in the hospitality industry. They are often the first point of contact that guests have with a hotel, which is why it is important for the agents to be friendly, cheerful, and seem eager to help. Quality resume objectives are necessary to land this position, which could eventually lead to higher positions within the hotel or elsewhere.
What the Hotel Front Desk Agent Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
There are quite a few duties that a Hotel Front Desk Agent is required to perform. These employees must be knowledgeable of the area so as to answer geographical questions and offer advice on activities to do or places to eat in the area. They must also be familiar with computers and how to program key cards for rooms. They also need to be able to remain cheerful and calm in stressful situations and solve problems quickly and efficiently. When writing resume objectives for this position, highlight your organizational skills, people skills, problem-solving skills, and administration and management abilities.
Sample Hotel Front Desk Agent Resume Objectives
Put emphasis on your organization, leadership, and people skills when writing your resume objectives. Including the name of the company and the full position title is also a great idea, as it shows you possess a serious interest in the position. Here are some sample objectives you can build off of:
1. High school graduate with 4+ years of customer service experience seeking a position as Hotel Front Desk Agent with ABC hotel.
2. Customer service-oriented and motivated individual looking to hone problem-solving and communication skills, as well as further develop managerial skills as a Hotel Front Desk Agent for ABC hotel.
3. Obtain a position as Hotel Front Desk Agent with ABC hotel to provide patrons with a positive experience and develop communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
4. Looking to build work experience and further develop customer service skills learned through a hospitality education as a Hotel Front Desk Agent for ABC hotel.
5. Energetic and quick-learning individual ready to provide a positive attitude, customer service skills, clerical skills, and problem-solving abilities as a Hotel Front Desk Agent with ABC hotel.
Skills To Put in a Hotel Front Desk Agent Resume Objective
One of the most important parts of your resume objective statement is your skills. The objective statement hooks the hiring manager right away by showcasing what makes you a good fit for the position. Take the time to describe your abilities, including both hard and soft skills. Remember that soft skills are behavioral in nature.
There are two great strategies for choosing the skills to include that most jobseekers do not realize. The first is to check a hotel front desk agent resume sample for inspiration. We have included many relevant example skills below. The other strategy is to check the job description. This shows you the particular skills each individual employer values, so you can appeal to each specifically.
Use the following list of hotel front desk agent skills to begin your own list:
- Strong management and organizational abilities
- Extensive background handling money accurately and responsibly
- Active listener and intentional speaker
- Accurate and fast data recording
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Professional communication abilities, including written and verbal
- Extensive computer skills, including proficiency with standard hotel management software
- History of success in the customer service industry
- Problem-solving, analysis, and critical thinking skills
- Negotiation and conflict resolution experience
- Leadership and management abilities
- Highly developed business skills
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Hotel Front Desk Agent @ Red Ledges Inn
Let me tell you a little about myself so you can have an idea of what a person like me on your team would really mean! Above all the skills that a person in the hotel hospitality industry needs, in my...
9 yrs 10 mo
Hotel Front Desk Agent @ Double Tree Hotel By Hilton
Pleasant and friendly individual that offers customer assistance in any situation. Enjoys working closely with peers and management to provide positive guest experiences. Seeking role as Front Desk Ag...
1 yrs 9 mo
Hotel Front Desk Agent @ Comfort Suites Hotel
Driven Front Desk Agent skilled in managing reservations, telephone calls and customer inquiries. Poised and professional with total commitment to guest satisfaction. Well-versed in mitigating custome...
3 yrs 4 mo
Hotel Front Desk Agent @ Holiday Inn Express -Historic District
Reliable and proficient with 8 years experience delivering superior level of customer service to guests and prospective guests/customers. Proven ability to strive for the top, keep customers satisfied...
6 yrs 9 mo
Hotel Front Desk Agent @ Knight Global
Tech-savvy Front Desk Agent experienced in interfacing with individuals and families to deliver top-tier service. Committed to accuracy and high-quality operations. Expert in [Software]. Personable ho...
3 yrs 9 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.