Host/Hostess Resume Objective
A host is the first individual that people see when they enter into an eating establishment. As the face of a restaurant, employers want to know that you will represent the company well. Therefore, all aspects of your resume should be spot on, especially the objective. Some employers will make their minds up about you after reading it without viewing the rest of your resume.
What The Host/Hostess Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Hosts are not just greeters. They determine what tables people sit at, monitor and predict the flow of traffic and expedite cleanings when necessary. As such, these individuals must display strong communication, management, analytical and problem solving skills, amongst others. In your objective you want to show that you possess these characteristics. If you are experienced in any specific areas it can be helpful to mention them. In fact, you should highlight any applicable skills that you are highly proficient in. The best way to identify which skills to emphasize is to review the job description for the position.
Sample Host/Hostess Resume Objectives
Your hostess resume objective should be detailed yet concise. Place the focus on the skills that you are most talented in and that you have the greatest chance of utilizing. Also, name or make mention of the company that you are applying to. Here are a few examples that you can tailor to your needs.
1. Seasoned hostess with X years of experience looking for an opportunity to apply strong relational, communication and problem solving skills at a classy establishment.
2. Customer service professional with extensive management experience and excellent problem solving and communication skills desires to join ABC Company as a hostess.
3. Strong multi-tasking worker with excellent management and organizational skills seeking an opportunity as a host at a reputable restaurant such as ABC Company.
4. Dedicated, well-organized student looks to join ABC Company as a host to contribute excellent organization and problem solving skills, along with a helpful nature.
5. Customer oriented, problem solving professional seeks to utilize communication and analytical skills in a hostess position with ABC Company.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.