Delivery Driver Resume Objectives
Delivery Drivers are relied upon for transporting goods all over the country, and they need to possess a certain set of skills in order to safely drive the vehicles required for the position. Your objective statement should let your potential employer know that you have the skills and knowledge necessary to pick up and deliver merchandise in a timely manner.
What The Delivery Driver Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
An effective objective for a Delivery Driver should communicate to the hiring manager that you understand the principles associated with customer service and have knowledge regarding driving laws. As a Delivery Driver, you will be expected to follow directions, obey traffic laws, maintain records and billing statements regarding the cargo, perform minor vehicular repairs, inspect supplies and carry out a number of other tasks. Understanding the proper methods and principles of delivering goods to a number of destinations is an important skill to possess since you may be required to drive vehicles that weigh up to three tons.
Sample Delivery Driver Resume Objectives
As you are writing the objective for your resume, it is a good idea to include the name of the company. This way, you are subtly telling the hiring manager that you are actively invested in this line of work, and you genuinely want the position.
1. Looking for a position as Delivery Driver for ABC company to use extensive knowledge of traffic laws and repairing vehicles.
2. An extremely dedicated individual with 10+ years of experience in transporting goods and loading trucks seeking a Delivery Driver position for ABC company.
3. Obtain a Delivery Driver position with ABC company that can benefit from superb customer service skills and vast knowledge of driving practices.
4. Seeking employment as a Delivery Driver for the transportation division of ABC company.
5. Searching for a position at ABC company as a Delivery Driver in order to use years of experience in inspecting vehicles and driving vehicles up to three tons in weight.
Skills To Put in a Delivery Driver Resume Objective
When it comes to writing a stellar resume, many people give the most attention to the skills or perhaps the work history section. However, you need to make sure the resume objective is absolutely perfect. A poor objective statement may make the hiring manager stop reading right there and then, so do your best to make a superb first impression.
The goal of a delivery driver resume objective is to showcase your most pertinent skills. You need to know exactly what the employer needs out of you and show you can handle the responsibilities of the job. The following skills are always great to include in a delivery driver resume, but you should also read the job description thoroughly before applying:
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and a clean driving record
- Friendly demeanor and a great sense of humor
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds
- Familiarity with navigation and project management software
- Knowledge of using barcode scanners, dollies, and pallet movers
- Basic math skills to subtract, add, and divide
- Capable of maintaining a professional image
- Excellent far and near vision
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Able to think on feet and make important decisions at a moment’s notice
- Excels at unsupervised, independent work
- Capable of kneeling, reaching, squatting, and bending
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.