Information Security Analyst Resume Objective
Information Security Analysts are professionals who plan, implement, monitor, or upgrade security measures to protect computer information and networks. They respond to computer security viruses and breaches and put security controls in place to defend digital files and electronic infrastructure. A solid objective convinces prospective employers to read your resume, so it’s important to highlight a background in security systems, computer programming, and e-commerce.
What The Information Security Analyst Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
An Information Security Analyst works for computer, business, and financial companies as well as consulting firms. The analysts constantly research the latest information technology (IT) security trends and technology to decide how to best protect their organization. They work to develop best practices and standards as well as make recommendations for security enhancement to senior IT staff or management. Assisting computer users with learning new procedures or installing new security products is another major responsibility. Attention to detail and ingenuity are important qualities to have for this position. When preparing your resume, accentuate your technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills in the objective statement.
Sample Information Security Analyst Resume Objectives
Include the name of the company in your resume objective for an Information Security Analyst position to prove that you are interested in working for them. Below are some examples of objective statements:
1. Dependable professional interested in an Information Security Analyst position with ABC company that can apply analytical, technical, and innovation skills to support and guard organizations against security breaches.
2. Effective problem-solving individual with 4 years of experience in protecting organizations’ security systems and technology seeking an Information Security Analyst position with ABC company.
3. Looking to attain a position as an Information Security Analyst with ABC company that encourages the use of computer and analytical skills to serve and protect the organization.
4. Searching for an Information Security Analyst position with ABC company to use proven analytical and problem-solving skills to protect the organization.
5. Seeking an Information Security Analyst position with ABC company that will benefit from demonstrated experience in IT best practices and implementing security controls.
Skills To Put in an Information Security Analyst Resume Objective
If you begin with an objective statement, don’t miss the opportunity to draw attention to your strengths right there at the top of the page. List a few of your most relevant qualifications in this section to hook the reader and provide a preview of your accomplishments, which you’ll list later. Examine the job description to see what the organization is looking for before you begin.
When you’re writing an information security analyst resume, it’s easy to focus on technical skills. However, many organizations are shifting their recruiting focus to search for candidates with soft skills, such as interpersonal communication and customer service. Even if you aren’t applying for a customer-facing role, you should cultivate these types of qualities and emphasize them on your resume.
You may want to include skills from the following list in the objective statement of your security analyst resume:
- Experience with Unix and Linux
- Able to obtain security clearance
- Networking and administration familiarity
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems
- Thorough understanding of NIST
- Risk manager
- Problem solver
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communicator, adept at explaining complex technical issues to members of the general public
- Leadership experience
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.