Freelance Copy Editor Resume Objective
Freelance Copy Editors work for a variety of companies to ensure quality of content written for promotional, business-related, or organizational purposes. When you apply for this position, your objective statement should be clear and concise, focusing on any experience you have in the field and knowledge pertaining to the job.
What the Freelance Copy Editor Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Freelance Copy Editors must have an exceptional grasp on language, including grammar, sentence structure, and flow. A passion for writing and strong attention to detail is essential to this career. Individuals may work with online publications or with printed materials. Proofreading skills are vital, and employees may also check materials for accuracy concerning statistics, dates, and names. Communication with writers is important to this position, so strong interpersonal skills are as asset as well. It is important that editors convey criticism positively to writers to maintain a professional work environment. Your objective statement should highlight your skills in these areas in order to demonstrate that you are qualified for the job.
Sample Freelance Copy Editor Resume Objectives
Companies love to see their names in your objective, as this shows that you have sought them out specifically. Here are a few examples of objective statements for Freelance Copy Editors:
1. Seeking a Freelance Copy Editor position with ABC company to utilize strong knowledge concerning grammar, research methods, and promotional language.
2. Dedicated professional with a background in English seeking a Freelance Copy Editor position with ABC company that will employ the use of strong interpersonal skills and writing abilities.
3. Looking to secure employment with ABC company as a Freelance Copy Editor to implement effective written communication within the organization.
4. Writer with six years of experience working for a local newspaper desiring a Freelance Copy Editor position with ABC company that will enable the use of strong written communication and proofreading skills.
5. Searching for a Freelance Copy Editor position with ABC company to apply knowledge and expertise concerning grammatical quality and accuracy of written content.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Skilled Videographer with 4-5 years of experience. Sets up and operates various cameras and equipment, edits final videos and adds effects. Well-organized with disciplined approach and good time ma...
Experience: 3 yrs 9 mo
Experienced editor with a demonstrated history of working in both team-based and independent capacities. Bringing strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills to any setting. Excited to be...
Experience: 3 yrs 8 mo
Diligent Editor with 18+ years of experience editing work in business, leadership, personal development, motivational, and self-help. Polished wordsmith successful writing, editing and proofreading...
Experience: 18 yrs 5 mo
Ambitious student pursuing a degree in Strategic Communications, who is eager to contribute developed knowledge in an editorial role. Skilled in leadership and team inclusion. Adaptable and driven ...
Experience: 4 yrs 10 mo
Accomplished researcher, media, and communications professional with demonstrated command of the culture, history, literature, politics, political structure, economies, humanities, social science, ...
Experience: 18 yrs 4 mo