· Databases: MS SQL Server 2000 to 2019, Oracle 8i to 12c, MySQL, MongoDB, DB2
· Cloud and Virtualization: AWS, Azure
· Project Management :(Agile Scrum, Waterfall, Iterative) Requirements Management, Project Planning and Scheduling Interpersonal skills, Financial Management, Team Leadership Business Analysis, Vendor, Risk, Resource and Change Management
· Automation and Scripting: PowerShell, Ansible, Jenkins, Python, Cloud Formation
· Data Warehousing: SQL Server Integration Services, Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB), Extract, Transform Load (ETL) Concepts
· Business Intelligence: SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Business Objects
· Data Modeling: ErWin, SQL Lite Speed, Toad, RedGate
· Storage: SSD MSA (Multi Site Availability) and Always-ON Replication/Data Availability, Database Mirroring, Clustering and Failovers, Warm Standby, Data Warehousing, Data Encryption @ Rest and @ Motion.
· Tools: SQL Sentry Plan Explorer, MAP, Idera, SCRIBE, SolarWinds DPA, Remedy, Visio
· Operating Systems: Windows (NT, XP,2000 to 1016), UNIX, Linux RHEL, Sun Solaris 5.5, OS/400, IBM AIX
Other Concepts: Data Profiling, Data Quality, Data Cleansing, Hadoop, NoSQL/Big Data, Agile Methodology.
Driven, performance-oriented, and visionary leader with a proven track record of adroitly heading a cross-functional team to attain corporate objectives concerning enterprise-wide database (DB) services for the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), DBA Resource Planning and Allocation, Business Management, and Technology Availability and Performance. Accomplished in managing day-to-day operations, staffing, forecasting, budgeting, resource planning, and effectively resolving Database Server and Application-related issues. Proficient at implementing improved database architecture and upgrading various Database Servers, Database Infrastructures Re-Architect and Re-Alignments, Cloud Migrations and Database Server License Rightsizing. Conscientiously design, develop, and test backup and recovery models along with supporting Disaster Recovery solutions. Deftly provide reporting and technical expertise as necessary for the development and maintenance of organizational processes. Recognized for delivering transformational results in complex and fast-paced environments. Effective leader and a team player, aptitude in promoting data standards, system procedures, enforcement of security policies and procedures, and database best practices; adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals; possess a robust sense of pride in handling duties, along with an unparalleled commitment in achieving various projects deadline and achieving high success results.
Provided database administration for Oracle 10g/8i and database monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and high-availability strategies for SQL Server 2000 and 2005 in a production environment. Migrated Oracle 10g, MS SQL 2005 to MS SQL Server 2008.
Reduced the number of incidents by 70% through tracking, categorizing, performing root cause analysis (RCA), and developing best practices and permanent solutions.
Provided 24/7 technical support to both in-house staff and statewide counties Implemented system enhancements to propose, design and develop solutions to fulfill requests and address problem reports
Wrote and maintained technical and functional specifications to document database intentions and requirements
Administered, supported and monitored databases by proactively resolving database issues and maintaining servers.
Modified existing databases to meet unique needs and goals determined during initial evaluation and planning process.
· Built and deployed database updates to real-time production, working with several environments and QA processes.
· Benchmarked the solution with huge volume of data, addressed high performance and scalability issue at DB design and implementation phase. Built test strategies, backup and recovery models for Oracle; refreshed test databases.
· Developed ETL scripts to load data from OLTP DB to data warehouse DB.
· Provided database support by responding to user questions and resolving problems.
· Wrote complex SQL scripts, PL/SQL Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions, Cursors, Triggers in Oracle and SQL Server. Provided applications and database development assignments for insurance-based claims applications serving core processing and remote agent needs in mainframe, PC, and UNIX environments. Documented DB best practices for performance/scalability report and trained team. Established DB backup/recovery strategy for different databases. Streamlined reporting requirements/specifications. Responsible for all claims correspondence.
· Project Management Professional (PMP)
· AWS Certified Security - Specialty
· AWS Solution Architect- Professional
· MCSA -SQL Server 2016
· Oracle Certified Professional
· ITIL V3 Foundation Certified
Database Systems Administration and
Mentor, Team Leader & Builder
Database Infra & Technologies
Process flow Enhancements
Database Systems Environment
Architecture and Re-Architecture
Database License Right Sizing
Database Environment Migration and
Performance Tuning & Disaster
Data Center Decommission,
Migration and Consolidation
Various forms of DR testing
Data Replication & Data Migration
Installation and Configuration
Environment Resource Re-balancing
Internal and External Audit Interface
System Development Life Cycle
Support Extreme OLTP, Data
Warehousing, Analytics andBusiness
Job Titles Held: