Results-driven IT professional with 15+ years of notable success in planning, analysis, and implementation of security initiatives, improving IT and security posture needs of any business. Strengths in providing comprehensive network design and security frameworks. Skilled in implementing INFOSEC Infrastructure, and balancing security initiatives to external risk and business operations, I am a detail-oriented, self-starter, adept at moving into new environments and extrapolate from existing experience quickly to adapt to information technology advances fluently, with excellent oral and written communication, analytical, organization and time management skills.
• Cyber Security/Information & Data Security
• Continuous Security Monitoring
• Enterprise Information Assurance & Compliance
• Network & Systems Security
• Endpoint Protection Security
• Continuous Security Monitoring
• Network Vulnerability Assessment & Remediation
• Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST 800-53 r4, FISMA, POA&M
• Critical and deductive reasoning
• Responsible for solving complex problems, Information Assurance, and identifying weaknesses.
• Analyzed cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits, providing remediation action plans to the Team and the CISO.
• Through proactive threat analysis, prevention of cyber security incidents; patch and vulnerability management, countermeasure deployment,
and security-related application administration.
• Detect real-time intrusions using network firewalls and SIEM.
• Continuous monitoring using network applications, DLP, SIEM, IDP/IDS, and trending of security-relevant data sources.
• Recognized 250+ new email phishes, and associated email malwares, using Proofpoint email security, while safeguarding and observing
more than 60+ websites (internal and external) without any successful major attacks.
• Performed advanced persistent threat correlation between multiple security event sources, such as firewall and SIEM logs, threat intelligence feeds, anti-virus, and malware.
• Hardened security OS related to firewall systems, endpoint security applications, web security proxies, email security systems, and other tools, as necessary.
• Highly active in participating in knowledge sharing/transfer with other analysts and writing technical articles for integral knowledge-base.
• Created and maintained documentation for procedures and process improvements.
• Interfaced with endpoint users to understand their security needs and implemented procedures that supported security and business
initiatives. Ensured users understood and adhered to necessary procedures to maintain security posture.
• Conducted accurate evaluation of the level of security required when requests were made by other team members and ensured that
appropriate security measures were in effect to maintain an appropriate level of security confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
• Weighed business needs against security concerns, finding the right solution to support the business, and articulated any issues to upper
• Lead development, implementation, and periodic reviews of security policies, procedures, and metrics to ensure best industry practices and standards were applied using NIST 800-53R4 and CIS baselines.
• Performed security assessments and reviewed local area networking initiatives for security compliance.
• Ensured system resource configurations, software, applications, and processes or guidelines, complied with information security
requirements, policies, and standards.
• Complied with regulatory compliance and assigned training requirements, including, but not limited to, NCUA, FFIEC, ISO 27001, BSA, and
data privacy regulations corresponding to their specific job duties.
• Applied confidentiality, integrity, system security and availability controls of the network and its resources using the Non-secure Internet Protocol
Router Network (NIPRNET) for DOD ISP.
• Researched, tested and implemented all aspects of information security systems to safeguard the core network, and sensitive information (PII) from unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure.
• Addressed and reviewed violations of computer network security procedures and developed mitigation plans, policies,procedures, and guidelines/standard operating procedures to ensure security compliance regulations were met using best practices and vendor-distributed tools.
• Monitored network system logs and reports to determine any potential threats to network using McAfee DLP, HIDS/NIDS and SIEM technologies.
• Proposed resolutions using sound judgment, to address and provide solutions to remediate vulnerabilities using DOD Secure Technical
Implementation Guides (STIG).
• Analyzed risk to identify appropriate security countermeasures using technologies such as Tenable Nessus and eEye Retina security
vulnerability scanners to identify open vulnerabilities discovered on the network.
• Developed and implemented effective INFOSEC security operating procedures (SOP) to safeguard computer files against unauthorized modifications, destruction, and disclosure.
• Conducted using user awareness security training, to all 375 DOD employees (both civilian and uniformed active-military members), on
INFOSEC best practices and procedures, and using examples of current threats and breaches, which reduced risk of attack by 27% from 68%
within six months.
• Selected and tested NIST 800-53R4 security controls on out-of-band appliances.
• Expertise with Federal Information Security Modernization (FISMA), NIST guidelines, Risk Management Framework (RMF), and Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) tool to track and reconcile findings from assessments.
• Coordinated, created, managed and maintained Plan of Action & Mitigation (POA&M) and documented findings using DOD Vulnerability Management System (VMS), and DOD eMASS.
• Protected sensitive business information, and personally identifiable information (PII) by utilizing network-based and cloud-based encryption techniques for both online and offline files and backups.
• Monitored Check Point and Palo Alto firewalls for suspicious inbound and outbound network traffic.
• Recommended improvements in security systems and procedures.
• Established and maintained productive working relationships with customers and staff to resolve operational difficulties and to promote
interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to customer service provision.
• Updated and maintained security posture of network endpoints via patch maintenance.
• Investigated and resolved customer complaints to foster satisfaction.
• Monitored use of data files and regulated user-based access to protect secure and personally identifiable information (PII) leakage, or
• Developed plans to safeguard computer files against modification, destruction, or disclosure.
• Performed risk analyses to identify appropriate security countermeasures.
• Demonstrated respect, friendliness, and willingness to help wherever needed.
• Delivered exceptional level of service to each customer by listening to concerns and answering questions.
• Completed all paperwork, recognizing any discrepancies and addressing them in a timely fashion.
• Developed and maintained courteous and effective working relationships.
• Worked closely with CISO to maintain optimum levels of communication to effectively and efficiently complete projects.
• Maintained excellent attendance record, consistently arriving to work on time.
• Developed information assurance, security standards and procedures.
• Protected information systems from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction by implementing necessary controls and procedures.
• Worked with security vendors to consistently apply best practices and software updates.
• Conceptualized standardized incident response program to outline immediate and consistent remediation of security breaches.
• Coordinated security initiatives with personnel at Ft. Meade Headquarters and DISA sites across, and outside of the United States of America.
• Conducted security assessments and made recommendations for disaster recovery, remote access, network appliances, servers, and directory
• Continuous monitoring system for 24/7 network systems, bolstering continuity of operations.
• Deployed application patches, data backup solution, security changes and network configuration changes to better harden security platform.
• Established local area and wide area network to provide robust infrastructure and data capacity for new applications and communication between sites.
• Analyzed and troubleshot Cisco switch and router packets to detect anomalies.
• Designed VLAN architecture for IP addresses, and applied hardened security controls.
• Palo Alto NG Firewall and Juniper SSL VPN management, to include implementing security controls to aid in incident response.
• Analyzed state of network using PRTG SNMP monitoring software.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Linux, virtual platforms, and cloud connectivity.
• Managed, tracked and coordinated problem resolution and escalation processes.
• Collaborated with other IT Departments in disaster planning, network backup and recovery process monitoring.
• Demonstrated strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Designed and implemented an Active Directory infrastructure for the DOD enterprise-level network transitioning from a Novell NT4
• Managed and maintained 30+ Windows 2000/2003 servers internal and external DNS and WINS services for domain name resolution
• Proficient knowledge in many TCP and UDP-based protocols.
• Deployed Symantec Endpoint anti-virus to all connected endpoints to ensure installation of current virus definitions.
• Coordinated deployment of critical patches (out of band), and updates using Shavkik SUS and Microsoft WSUS servers.
• Modified Checkpoint Firewall rules and firewall management database, when requested.
• Successfully migrated 400+ users and their accounts from Windows Exchange 5.5 server to Exchange 2003 mail server.
• Upgraded the network backbone from a 3Com-Switch environment to a Cisco Backbone with 6500's and 4500 switch platforms. Migrated the
network from a flat network scheme to a hierarchical network scheme using VLANS.
• Provided 24 x 7 advanced network troubleshooting for both user accounts and network issues.
• Utilized Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) solution for Smart Card Authentication with Common Access Card validation for user-based login to network for compliance within Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) & Joint Task Force-Global Network Operations (JTF-GNO)
Common Tasking Orders (CTO) and standards remained functional.
• Researched DoD/DISA/DITSCAP/NIPRNET STIGS and guidelines, as necessary.
• ISSA: Information Systems Security Agency, Orange County Chapter
• ITDRC: Information Technology Disaster Resource Committee
• OWASP: Open Web Application Security Project
• SBE: Society of Broadcast Engineers, Chapter 131.
• WeAreHackerz (formerly known as WomenHackerz)
• WiCYS: Women in Cybersecurity
• WSC: Women's Society Cyberjutsu
• Currently studying
• CompTIA Security+ CE
• CompTIA Network+ CE
• CompTIA Linux+ CE
• Certified McAfee Security Specialist ePO (CMSS-ePO)
• Certified McAfee Security Specialist HIPS (CMSS-HIPS)
• Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP): Planning & Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure: Configuration
• Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE) Certified Broadcast Network Technologist (CBNT)
• Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE) Certified Broadcast Technologist (CBT)
• Currently studying SSCP & CRISC
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: