Use this professional created Cable Installer job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Cable installers lay and install cable in people’s homes. They also often set up the equipment and connections for cable and internet, performing any troubleshooting as necessary. They may have to install cable above or below ground, depending on the setup of the customer’s home.
In your cable installer job description, you need to detail the experience and education expected. It is typical to expect an installer to have strong knowledge of electronics and networking. However, there generally is no educational requirement beyond a high school diploma or equivalent.
There are also important general skills required for this position. It is beneficial to have excellent communication, time management and organizational skills as a cable installer. They also need to have strong problem-solving capabilities.
Cable Installer Job Description Template
Candidates able to not only hook up televisions, computers, and home theaters with ease, but keep all cables and cords well-organized, too, have a bright future ahead of them. We’re looking for hard-working and knowledgeable cable installers to provide our customers with cable, internet and home entertainment. Lend us your knowledge of the best way to mount a flat screen TV, arrange and hide cables and set up home theater/entertainment systems. As one of our valued cable installers, you’ll enjoy superior pay, steady work, employee discounts and free cable and internet. Ready to get paid to learn about the latest advances in cable, internet and home entertainment? Send over your application.
- Setup internet and cable in customers’ homes and offices, making sure you test and troubleshoot equipment and connections and explain services before leaving the premises.
- String and pull up cables between poles and underground as necessary to provide the strongest signal in the best position.
- Drive to customer locations, making sure you arrive on time for scheduled appointments and call the customer to let her or him know you’re on the way and to check that they’re onsite.
- Utilize test equipment to ensure signal strength and connection.
- Process work orders before heading out, making sure you have all necessary equipment and tools.
- Review work orders and work performed before leaving worksite, making sure you answer all customer questions.
- Clean and maintain the interior and exterior of company vehicles, communicating faulty vehicle performance or vehicle damage and documenting work orders.
- Follow all driving and safety laws at all times to maintain company safety standards.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Fundamental computer, network and electronics skills and knowledge
- Able to lift at least 70 pounds, maneuver into small spaces and work in elevated work environments
- Valid state driver’s license
- Previous cable installation experience
- Willing to work weekends