Use this professional created Communications Specialist job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Companies that wish to promote effective communication throughout an organization may want to employ an experienced communications specialist. This professional organizes, tracks and arranges communication between departments within the company, as well as with clients through major campaigns and projects.
The communications specialist should be trained to promote a message and uphold the image that the company wishes to portray to the public. They may be required to update or create written communications, such as brochures, websites and social media postings.
In addition to having superior customer relation skills and the ability to engage with people in a warm and friendly manner, communications specialists should be organized and well-spoken. Companies should prepare a communications specialist job description that provides a comprehensive list of characteristics in order to place a professional who is well-qualified for the job.
Communications Specialist Job Description Template
As a communications specialist, you are given the task of presenting the company to the world in an accurate, appealing manner. Through weekly newsletters, press releases and constant contact with customers, you have the chance to sell the company and our products and services. A career as a communications specialist is rewarding as you take a complicated message and simplify it for the general population. Your experience in communication allows you to improve both professional and interpersonal relationships as you develop ways to sell the message to everyone you speak to. You will also be asked to prepare the content for weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings, to uplift team members and ensure that everyone understands their position within the company. You are a key part of the brand and message of the company.
- Deliver all promotional material to sales agents well in advance of sales season to ensure that any conflicts or problems can be addressed before potential clients are contacted.
- Take part in major events and trade shows to sell the campaign or project and aid colleagues in execution of important events that improve the message of the company.
- Organize and input any collateral pieces completed with external clients, including product guides, advertisements and any other promotional material.
- Arrange communication between executives and sales representatives to ensure that the messages being sent are accurate and work to improve the company.
- Track and report on the effectiveness of all communication types the company is currently using, and come up with innovative ways to better share our message and brand with clients.
- Edit and proofread all marketing materials such as brochures, postcards, emails and advertisements.
- Coordinate, monitor and oversee editorial calendars and timelines for the advertising department.
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency with basic computer programs such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Team-oriented and able to work in a collaborative environment
- Experience in marketing and communications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or similar field