Research Operations Manager, Sensory Project Manager and Sensory Scientist proficient in all phases of product development, competitive intelligence, claims substantiation, product development and quality. Experienced in management, panel leadership, training and mentoring. Expert in Sensory Spectrum Methodology for descriptive analysis, discrimination testing and consumer testing. Detail-oriented professional with quantitative and qualitative experience; such as 1-on-1 interviews, focus groups, in home interviews, CLTs and employee testing. Strengths include capability creation, project design, ballot development, success criteria, protocol development and management of resources.
Sensory Capability Builder
Took time off for family illness.
Looking to return to the workforce.
Became a subject matter expert that lead a 6-7 person team to execute all sensory testing. Built capabilities and lead cross functional teams in order to facilitate product quality, stability, packaging and innovation for the entire wine, packaging, spirits and flavoured alcoholic beverage categories.
· Responsibilities included, but aren't limited to, hiring, goal setting, staff reviews, panel and procurement oversight, sensory capability development and product development
· Cross-functional efforts to create, or improve, sensory operations, validation testing and proper chemical batteries
· Hired and trained 2 sensory scientists to run our package qualification and stability testing
· Developed and optimized descriptive and discrimination testing
· Was a subject matter expert in the field of sensory and was responsible for working with Winemaking, QA, Engineering, Co-Manufacturing, Sourcing and Marketing, to identify when testing was necessary, what protocol to use and how to manage the logistics
· Managed all sensory projects for QA, shelf-life and packaging projects; including design, logistics, timing, execution, tastings and report outs
· Developed, managed and executed an internal employee descriptive panel for spirits, before our full-time descriptive panel was operational, for purposes of packaging, shelf-life and quality of new product development
· Created employee-based functionality testing for specific packaging products in order to identify critical flaws in design or quality
· Identified, designed, managed and reported on outside CLT that lead to a consumer-based design
Designed a product innovation strategy for the first of its kind multi-functional shaving/trimming platform that would require the collaboration of a multi-national team framework. Co-lead a critical initiative to finalize a much-needed manual shaving platform that would lead to a multi-billion-dollar initiative.
· Conducted Central Location Interviewing; In-Home Research; Focus Group Moderation; Design Testing; Pack Testing; Small and Large Scale HUT; Expert Panels; Mechanical Test Design; DEPTH Modelling; Technical Product Story
· Testing drove results for brands such as Gillette Fusion Pro-Glide Power and Gillette's first 3-in-1 Facial Hair Styler; responsible for Styler's safety, consumer service training, demos and claims
· Top Reporting Tier - Senior VP of Research and Development
Became the company's SME for sensory and objective closeness capabilities to lead/train the company's top talent for all sensory and objective closeness capabilities.
· Experience - Trained in DAP testing; Trained and Supervised Panel Technicians and Panel Leaders across multiple categories
· Supervisory Contacts - 10-20 Testers per panel (64 Total), 1-5 Operators at a time (7 Total), 1-3 Technicians at a time (3 Total)
· Qualifications - Attribute/Protocol/Ballot Creation, Proficient in SIMS2000, Panel Experience/ Screening/Training/Validation/Calibration; Supervisory Experience with Testers/Technicians/Panel Leaders, Trained in Sensory Spectrum Method
· Contributions - Successfully built 3 DAP panels, designed 8 new categories within Skin Care while making improvements to existing categories; panels responsible with numerous Claims, Product Development, Competitive Intelligence, QA and Cost Savings support for all key Skin Care categories
· Status - Operator/Screener/Trainer/Supervisor for all Technicians and Operators
· Supervisory Contacts - 1-3 Operators at a time (5 total), 20-25 Testers per panel (40-50 Total)
· Qualifications - Successfully trained and validated multiple operators in program setup, calibration of equipment and data collection to support Product Performance and Claims
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: