Experienced and motivated leader, committed and passionate about serving hospital pharmacy needs and achieving fiscal goals. Dedicated to providing measurable results through managing time, budget, and resources. Strategic team player who excels in problem solving and organization. Licensed and certified technician with over 11 years of diverse pharmacy experience.
• Network among local business and community organizations in my territory to develop relationships and generate increased volume, resulting in an average of 2 additional admissions daily.
• Increase brand awareness by implementing effective marketing campaigns and strategies producing 4-5 additional inquiries from assigned territory daily.
• Empower our healthcare professionals by scheduling and executing in-service tours of our hospital and hosting daily external in-services at healthcare practices exceeding assigned weekly goals.
• Increased patient census resulting in the highest hospital occupancy to date, and longest running census growth and maintenance.
• Liaison between offices, hospitals, and other inpatient facilities to ensure each practice/provider's needs are being met per their tailored request.
• Devise SWOT analysis to create and execute business plan supporting achievement of established quotas.
• Establish relationships with key decision-makers within customer's organization to promote growth and retention.
• Prospect 70 new weekly leads with diverse strategies, including cold calling, site visits and customer referrals.
• Ensure accurate and timely communication between the Executive Staff and other departments as needed.
• Continually establish and maintain long term vendor relationships for 54 inpatient bed facility.
• Collaborate with Chief Medical Director and Pharmacy Director to review annual pharmacy budget.
• Develop efficiency methods for example created nursing supply room 50 yards closer to patient rooms.
• Spearheaded bedside prescription delivery process resulting in a 60% increase in patients discharging hospital with medications in hand.
• Discovered $80,000 in medication pricing error which resulted in benefiting over 120 hospitals nationally.
• Decreased pharmacy cost through vendor relationships by consistently seeking cost effective alternatives.
• Utilize multiple software computer programs including but not limited to MS Office, (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook) MediTech, Epic, AceIT, Cerner, CareFusion, Omnicell and Pyxis.
• Support various departments as need with patient care; including doctors, nurses, external pharmacies and insurance providers.
• Maintain regular communication and support for pharmacists, doctors, nurses, patients and other departments within the organization.
• Created, implemented and manage hazardous pharmaceutical waste streams; DOT certified and serve as the hospital's Hazardous Waste Specialist.
• Manage inventory including ordering, receiving and storing incoming supplies, verify invoices, check outdated medications of current inventory; advise pharmacists and directors of shortages and plan accordingly.
• Supply, monitor and maintain automated dispensing machines.
• Prepare custom pharmaceutical compounds and intravenous (IV) preparations.
• HIPAA compliant keeping records and patient information secure in multiple platforms.
• Prepared intravenous (IV) solutions and compounds under sterile conditions including the preparation of intravenous chemotherapy.
• Maintained remote freestanding ER, by delivering medications, replenishing machines, maintaining records and addressing and escalating any issues as needed outside of the scheduled monthly pharmacist visit.
• Educated and utilized software such as Epic, ConnectRx, MediTech, Accudose, Omnicell, and Omnicenter.
• Supplied and monitored robotic machines that dispense medicine into containers and labeled the containers.
• Computed charges for medication and equipment dispensed to patients and entered data.
• Maintained proper storage and security conditions for medications.
• Delivered medications and pharmaceutical supplies to patients, nursing stations and surgery centers.
• Navigated clients through Florida Healthy Kids insurance benefits.
• Responded to policy holder requests and managed accounts and applications.
• Applied excellent customer service skills and extensive technical program knowledge.
• Awarded Certificate for Outstanding Customer Service–March and August 2008.
• Encompass Health Engagement & Diversity Committee Member (2014-current)
• Hospital Employee of the Year 2018
• Volunteer with non-profit organizations-House of Hope, Boys and Girls Club, Family Meals and more.
• Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
• Licensed Pharmacy Technician with Florida Board of Health (RPT15702)
• CPR Certified
• Level 2 Security Clearance
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: