Reasons for Conducting Informational Interviews
Following are some good reasons to conduct informational interviews:
- to explore careers and clarify your career goal
- to expand your professional network
- to build confidence for your job interviews
- to access the most up-to-date career information
- to identify your professional strengths and weaknesses
- to obtain critical feedback on your resume/job-search goals
You gain invaluable interviewing experience and you gain visibility. In short, informational interviewing prepares you for what's in store and allows you the opportunity to network with others in your field of interest.
Talking with family, friends or anyone with whom you feel comfortable should reduce the anxiety you may feel about interviewing.
Go to Informational Interviewing Tutorial Home Page
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?