Job Action Day 2009 is all about emphasizing the bright spots in so-called “jobless recovery.”
Job Action Day is a day for all job-seekers and workers to take stock of their situations and make plans and/or take action steps to improve their careers.
While the economy is showing signs of recovery, indications that the recovery will continue to be “jobless” casts a pall over hopes for a full bounceback. Job Action Day 2009, the second annual event spearheaded by Quintessential Careers, addresses the jobless recovery by spotlighting promising areas in which the unemployed and other job-seekers may find opportunities.
The articles and blog entries related to Job Action Day give both workers and job-seekers information, ideas, and concrete steps that you can take to secure your futures — both in the short-term and in the long-term.
Job Action Day 2009 Articles
- 10 Things (Activities) You Can Do Today for Your Job Search
- Job-Search Tips for a Changed Economy: How to Succeed in the “New Normal”
- Getting a Job in a Down — But Stimulated — Economy
- In a Down Economy, Maybe Career Reinvention is in the Cards
- It’s Green at the Top and at the Bottom: A Brief Comparison of Green-Related Skills Needs From the Senior-Executive Level to the Entry Level
- Green Jobs and Green Careers Embrace Many Possibilities
- A Crash Course in How to Apply for Federal Employment
- Turn Unemployment into Self-Employment: 5 Tips on How to Start
- Economic Downturn Can Give Birth to Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Job Action Day 2009 Participating Blogs
- Deborah Brown-Volkman/Surpass Your Dreams:
2nd Annual Job Action Day
- Susan Guarneri: Career Goddess:
Second Annual Job Action Day
- Chandlee Bryan/Best Fit Forward:
The Emerging Professional, Where the Green Jobs Are
- Hannah Morgan/Career Sherpa:
Why Our Job Search Advice is the Same but Different
- Miriam Salpeter/Keppie Careers:
Optimize your job hunt for today’s economy
- Rose Vargas/Resume Writing Blog:
Creating Prints: Are You Evolving Into The On-Demand Professional of Tomorrow?
- Dawn Bugni/The Write Solution:
Your network IS your net worth
- Maggie Mistal’s
Career Advice Blog
- Barbara Safani/ CareerSolvers:
Where the Jobs Are: 2009 and Beyond
- Jacqui Barrett-Poindexter/Career Trend’s Blog:
You Can Thrive In, Not Just Survive, an Economic Slogging
- Rosalind Joffe/Working With Chronic Illness:
Preparedness: It’s Not Just for Boyscouts
- Deb Wheatman/TheCareerDoctor:
Plan B from outer space; or what do you have in case your first plan doesn’t work out?
- Erin Kennedy/Professional Resume Services:
Cutting Edge Job Search Blueprint
- Grace Kutney/Sweet Careers Consulting:
Securing Your Career While Navigating the Winds of Change
- Laurie Berenson/Sterling Career Concepts:
Making lemonade out of lemons: Turn unemployment into entrepreneurship
- Meg Montford/Career Chaos:
Job Action Day: Finding Your “Mojo” after Layoff
- Wendy Terwelp/Rock Your Career:
Entrepreneurship after downsizing
- Willy Franzen/One Day, One Job:
Entrepreneurial Job Search — Job Action Day 2009
Read the Job Action Day 2009 News Release.
Job Action Day was established by Quintessential Careers, the Web’s leading career site, as an annual event that brings together career experts and bloggers to provide the most relevant advice to job-seekers and workers.