Leader with a demonstrated history working across industries, including entertainment/gaming, retail, nonprofit, engineering and construction. Expertise in developing global communications and philanthropy strategies to support executives, engage a diverse workforce, and achieve business goals. Creative and highly collaborative, continuously taking initiative and generating fresh ideas to inspire employees, shape culture, and advance change. Effective manager, team builder, influencer, and motivator with sound judgement.
Global Internal Communications: Leading internal communications efforts to ensure all employees are informed and passionate about company's vision, values, and key priorities. Ensure that Blizzard culture and voice come across in all communications, employees are well informed and can learn about leaders' views on issues that affect them, and that we celebrate passion for our work, our games, and our players. Highlights include:
▪ Building out internal communications function, including a global team across seven offices
▪ Introducing and enhancing vehicles to engage with employees, including a global intranet, townhalls, speaker sessions, lunch series, chat channels, AMAs, and video updates
▪ Leading communications and engagement efforts during inspiring and challenging times, including rolling out company's diversity program, two reductions in force, departure of CEO and President of 25 years, global pandemic with a shift to work from home, and various sensitive product implementations and changes
Global Philanthropy: Developed global philanthropy program focused on making a sustainable impact and creating a strong culture of giving back with employees and leaders actively engaged. Key program pillars are education, health, environment, community building, and inclusion/empowerment with a focus on:
▪ Product: Leveraging Blizzard IP and products for social good (i.e., cause-marketing and consumer-facing campaigns), and ensuring they align with Blizzard's core values.
▪ Grants & Partnerships: Reviewing, vetting, and determining participation for charitable partnership and sponsorship opportunities, and managing those relationships.
▪ Employee Engagement: Developing and providing guidelines, resources, and structure for employees to participate in volunteer activities in local communities
2019 highlights: Provided over $8M in charitable giving via grants, partnerships, cause-marketing and in-game campaigns, and product donations) benefiting 20 non-profit partners; Completed 153 engagement projects with 908 employees volunteering 2,902 hours to support 24 non-profit partners.
Senior Manager, Internal Communications
Led communications strategy to support key programs across the company, including
Manager, Global Recognition and Internal Communications
Developed and executed internal marketing and communication strategies for Gap Inc.'s global recognition programs for 150,000 employees worldwide. Supported growing the programs into to help increase employee engagement and retention. Highlights include:
▪ Led program management efforts for charitable engagement program, which rewarded employees who were active in local communities with grants and Habitat for Humanity trips Recognized milestone anniversaries of more than 65,000 employees worldwide through customized gifts and a series of events hosted by the executive team
▪ Managed communications and marketing for a series of events in San Francisco and New York hosted by CEO and executive leadership team to honor employees celebrating milestones
▪ Launched and managed a peer-to-peer recognition program, which employees use more than 300,000 times during the programs first year
Manager, Employee Communications, International
Provided communications support to the International division during a period of great change with key teams undergoing major geographic shifts and the launch of several significant new ventures. Highlights include:
▪ Developed and implemented strategies to support HR initiatives, product announcements and updates, and change management messaging to the division
▪ Designed and launched the division's first internal site
▪ Managed events, including all-hands meetings, internal marketing and recognition events for upcoming campaigns, teambuilding sessions, and various cascades
Led key initiatives to support the Global Communications team. Highlights include:
▪ Managed local community engagement efforts with Junior Achievement and the S.F. Food Bank
▪ Provided program support for community relations efforts
▪ Managed change management efforts and communication strategies to support Six Sigma implementation for 11 teams globally to drive process improvements and implemented two knowledge management systems
▪ Wrote for and provided counsel to leaders on a variety of materials, including CEO and exec-level communication, internal news site, newsletters, fact sheets, and presentations
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: