Diverse professional with extensive administration experience, looking to leverage, management capabilities, technology skills and communication strengths into a challenging position within a respected organization.
· responsible for managing and overseeing the day to day functions of the University Police Communications Center, which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year; overseeing the work of the police dispatchers to ensure timely and efficient responses to all calls for service.
· Provides leadership to and supervision of all dispatchers, responsible for ongoing performance management, with input provided by police shift sergeants, training, mentoring, and the development and maintenance of communications policies and procedures in compliance with department and State Accreditation standards and union contracts. Ensure the delivery of highly reliable, 24/7 continuous services, utilizing the various technologies in place, which include the police radio console and dispatch systems, monitoring of CCTV cameras, building access control systems, notification protocols and response services with University stakeholders, first responder agencies and other constituents external to the University.
· Leads and/or provides support for special projects, both short and long-range, initiatives, and tasks as assigned related to the operation of the Communications Center.
· Coordinates and oversees the maintenance of and upgrades to Communications Center systems and processes working with vendors who support the equipment within the Center.
· Collaborates with customer groups, university stakeholders and various working groups to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of services.
· Responsible for managing all administrative functions of the Bentley University access control system (C-CURE 9000) , the day to day functions of the University Card Office, oversight and functionality of the campus wide closed circuit television system (CCTV), as well as managing the university's parking database (ARMS Parking) . Primary functions include distribution of Bentley ID cards to students, faculty, staff, contractors, and visitors; adjusting Falcon Funds and other monies associated with ID cards (Banner); assignment of residential, academic, and athletic clearances; distribution of parking decals and temp passes; entering of parking decal registration data and violation notices; management of the of ticket appeals entry and resolution process.
Aid in Police investigations as they relate to digital time stamping and location identification.
· Continuously build and maintain access control system through creation of clearances, schedules, alarms, events, and personnel records. Create and run import and export files for bulk manipulation of records. Facilitate the scheduling of repairs to access hardware and communicate updates with the system integrator.
· Code and issue identification cards to students, faculty, staff, contractors, and visitors for building clearance, Falcon Funds, and debit vending operations on campus. Coordinate the collection and processing of all cash and check deposits associated with Falcon Funds, and facilitate deposits of these funds to the Cashier's Office. Ensure the Card Office is appropriately stocked with necessary supplies for year round parking and access functions.
· Register all students, faculty, staff, contractors, and visitors with necessary parking permits; enter and maintain registration data in ARMS parking client, as well as manage associated monetary charges in each personnel account. Maintain proper functionality of officer parking citation issuing hardware and printers. Process all parking citation appeals and work with the Student Conduct office to resolve major conflicts.
· Maintain campus wide closed circuit television system (CCTV) working with system integrator to address any disruptions. Work and coordinate with university Network Systems and Telecommunications department to install and expand upon current CCTV system.
· Responsible for maintaining the department's web page along with annually publishing and editing the University's parking, rules, and regulations pamphlet.
· Stand as the Police Department's representative on various divisional and/or university wide committees.
· Supervise up to 7 Student Employees by ensuring they perform the various tasks for which they are responsible as they relate to the Card Office functions.
· Supervise other department professional staff members assigned to work as support
· Receive emergency calls by telephone, radio system, or walk-in traffic, and dispatch appropriate emergency response personnel accordingly.
· Create and maintain logs of all calls received using the computer aided dispatch system and prepare reports as necessary.
· Utilize Ccure-9000, CCTV cameras, NCIC and CJIS to obtain necessary Information for authorized requesting parties. Stand as one of the departments CJIS representatives.
· Interview and train new communications officers.
Municipal Police Training Committee
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: