In today’s interconnected world, Foreign Language Teachers serve a critical purpose in providing individuals with the skills they need to communicate with people from countries and cultures other than their own. A good resume objective for this role will cover any relevant skills, experience, and knowledge you have. It should also serve the purpose of inviting the hiring manager to read your resume in its entirety.
What The Foreign Language Teacher Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
In addition to being fluent in one or several foreign languages, Foreign Language Teachers should also be well-versed in history and cultural studies as these subjects pertain to the languages they teach. Foreign Language Teachers should also be comfortable with teaching groups of students in a classroom environment. When writing your resume objective be sure to touch upon your strengths in these areas as well as your career goals.
Sample Foreign Language Teacher Resume Objectives
Writing a clear, concise, and well thought out resume objective requires the ability to effectively communicate the skills, experience, and knowledge you possess that are relevant to the position. You should also try to address your career goals and mention the company or school you are applying to by name so the hiring authority knows you are committed to working for them. Here are a few resume objective examples to help you get started:
1. Experienced high school teacher with foreign language background looking to join ABC College as a Foreign Language Teacher for career advancement.
2. Seeking a Foreign Language Teacher position at ABC Academy where fluency in Chinese and Japanese can be utilized to promote student interest in these languages and the East Asian region.
3. Motivated recent college graduate in Foreign Languages and Literatures looking to become a Foreign Language Teacher at ABC School to gain valuable experience in teaching.
4. Looking for a Foreign Language Teacher position at ABC University’s Department of Foreign Languages where 10+ years of experience teaching Spanish at a community college can lead to a leadership role within the department.
5. Dedicated individual with a degree in European History and fluency in several Romance languages seeking a Foreign Language Teacher position at ABC College in order to expand upon existing teaching experience.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Foreign Language Interpreter/Facilitator @ Westminster Public Schools.
Talented Interpreter with advanced conversational abilities in Spanish and English. Able to maintain emotion, style and content of speaker's words in translations and familiar with deeper cultural con...
English Department Chair/Foreign Language Chair @ Saint Joseph Catholic School
Motivated professional educator with more than 20 years experience in the instruction of critical writing and reading skills. A results driven educator with extensive experience in public speaking, mu...
16 yrs 1 mo
Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant @ Kirkwood Community College
Compassionate professional teacher who considers English language a passion and a profession. Devoted to learn , take an initiative and work within a team to develop projects that shall enhance the le...
4 yrs 9 mo
Support Teacher,+support +teacher +resume @ Bright & Early Childcare
Passionate Teacher with experience developing and implementing diverse curriculums covering wide range of subjects. Highly skilled at motivating students through positive encouragement and reinforceme...
3 yrs 8 mo
Elementary Dual Language Teacher @ Robert Frost School
An organized professional with eight years of experience working with English-Language Learners. An innovative, responsive, and engaging teacher who emphasizes supporting and developing the whole chil...
8 yrs 4 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.