Front Desk Medical Receptionist Resume Objective
When applying for a job as a Front Desk Medical Receptionist, listing an objective toward the top of your resume can show potential employers what you have to bring to the position. Generally, employers receive a large number of applications for medical assistant openings, so you want to make sure you do what you can to make yours stand out from the rest.
What the Front Desk Medical Receptionist Resume Objective Should Tell Potential Employers
In the resume objective, you’ll want to highlight your unique skills and abilities related to the job. Front desk medical receptionists generally have to work in high-pressure environments that require the ability to work well with patients and staff. Other skills needed for the job are a strong attention to detail, computer skills, professionalism, and confidentiality. Listing any of these in your objective shows employers that you know what is demanded of the applicant. It also adds a more personalized feel to your resume that, in turn, showcases your ability to self-promote.
Sample Front Desk Medical Receptionist Resume Objectives
When creating your objective, referencing the company shows that you aren’t using one resume for multiple positions. As a result, the employer will know that you are interested in his or her specific workplace. You’ll also want to watch out for “dead adjectives” and instead pair them with facts that can be backed up, such as your years of experience or your particular interest in the field. Below are some sample objectives that you can amend for your own resume:
1. Use knowledge of complex medical computer applications and prior medical experience to transfer to Front Desk Medical Receptionist position at ABC company.
2. Seeking Front Desk Medical Receptionist position at ABC company to utilize my attention to detail and experience as a customer service professional.
3. Build upon my 10+ years of progressive experience as a Front Desk Medical Receptionist in position at ABC company.
4. Obtain position as Front Desk Medical Receptionist at ABC company to pursue my goal of serving others in the medical field.
5. A hardworking intern seeking full-time employment as qualified Front Desk Medical Receptionist to further career in desired field.
Skills To Put in a Front Desk Medical Receptionist Resume Objective
Your skills form the backbone of every section of your resume, beginning with your objective. This does not mean throwing in everything you know how to do. If you want to impress employers, you need to choose the right qualifications to emphasize. To accomplish this, you must understand what attributes typically help a front desk medical receptionist perform well.
You can learn about top skills for your job from your own previous experience. To find out about a specific employer’s preferences, read the job listing carefully. Some basic research can also enlighten you as to which of your skills can best meet the employer’s needs. Start with the following list of key soft and hard skills to develop your own stellar objective:
- Proficient in office and medical billing software
- Thorough knowledge of HIPAA and other applicable rules and regulations
- Excellent time management
- High level of attention to detail
- Pleasant and professional demeanor at all times
- Effective and compassionate when dealing with patients in difficult situations
- Organized multitasker with ability to prioritize accurately
- Inventory tracking and maintenance, including vendor relations
- Schedule management for doctors and nurse practitioners
- Flexibility in adapting to schedule changes and unexpected situations
- Adherence to office policies and procedures
- Financial records maintenance and management
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.