I have a solid background in workplace safety and have close to over 3 years' practical experience in creating and implementing OH&S procedures. I endeavor to keep abreast of the latest standards in workplace safety and have completed a number of relevant courses to this end. In addition to my formal qualifications, I have an educational background tailored to the field of Environmental Health and Science. My experience in preparing risk assessments, activity hazard analyses and site standard operating procedures demonstrates my ability to marry an organizations internal processes and procedures with legislative obligations. I am highly valued for my outstanding communication skills, and my ability to manage relationships with colleagues with positivity and professionalism. Following my appointment as Environmental Health and Safety Technician at Precon Marine, Inc., the scope of my position was broadened, leading me to take responsibility for training new recruits and running refresher courses for current employees. I am passionate about workplace safety and well being and given the opportunity, I would apply myself with energy and enthusiasm to any position.
· Hard working and able to adapt to the changing work environment
· Analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision.
· Ability to motivate others · Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks.
· Effective interpersonal and supervisory skills
· Good communication skills (oral, written, listening and presentation)
· Knowledge of current OSHA standards, current Army Corps of Engineers EM-385 standards, and risk assessment for employees/employers
· Proficient with computer programs such as Microsoft and Adobe
· Site Safety and Health Officer - Dominion Power - Foundation Repairs Phase 1 and 2, Surry-Winchester, 230 KV Line 214 – James River Crossing, $849,500 (June 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014)
· Site Safety and Health Officer – Dominion Power – Foundation Repairs Phase 4, Surry-Winchester, 230 KV Line 214 – James River Crossing, $12.5 Million (January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015)
· Environmental Safety and Health Technician/SSHO – Chesapeake Bay Bridge Truck Salvage (January 15, 2016)
· Environmental Health and Safety Technician/SSHO - NCSPA Relocation of Liquid Bulk Pier Wilmington, NC – Port of Wilmington $9.5 Million (February 2016 – 10/15/16)
Health and Safety Technician/SSHO - NCSPA Installation of Crane Rail System
Wilmington, NC – Port of Wilmington $1.1 Million (January 2016 – 10/15/16)
· 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training (OSHA)
· OSHA 30 Hr. Training
· Construction Safety Hazard Awareness Course for Contractors EM-385-1
· Train-the-Trainer for Rigger/Signal Person
· Train-the-Trainer Permit Required Confined Space Entry
· Train-the-Trainer Fall Protection
· First AID, CPR and AED Instructor
· MOLDEX Respirator Train-the-Trainer
· NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace Training
· Training in Lock Out/Tag Out Procedures
· Boat US Foundation Safety Education Course
Dedicated and striving to take the CHST (Construction Health and Safety Technician) exam and the CSP (Certified Safety Professional) exam
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: